- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try vinegar in the unit first. Let it sit overnight then turn it on and test. If it still won't steam, try CLR 1:1 ratio and repeat steps above. Repeat until unclogged. Use ONLY distilled water in your unit going forward.
Hi Rae! You may have a tripped breaker or blown fuse if the cleaner shut off your first two minutes of use. Replace fuse and reset breakers if needed. Also check that the plug is plugged in firmly into the outlet. If the cleaner still won't turn on we recommend taking it in to a Hoover authorized service center for repair. Follow the link to locate the nearest service center to you. Service Center Locator
1. empty the cleaner.
2. pour some vinegar after DISCONNECTING POWER. Shake the unit for a few minutes and now empty the cleaner and watch what comes out as you shake out vinegar.
3. pour water into the unit upto suggested level and power up after closing the top lid securely.
4. wait until the indicator light turns off (if you have one).
5. press button to see if steam comes out.
warning: Never open the top cap while the unit is powered. you may get burnt badly.
Your heater in the cleaner is either plugged or has quit working, make sure you are getting a good ground for the cleaner. you may want to check the ground pin on the cord and make sure it is not loose or broken.
There is usually a heat sensitive fuse link installed in the handle and is incorporated in the cord connection. If the machine gets too hot or is run while dry, the fuse can blow. You would have to replace the fuse, as they are not resetable.