Question about Washing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It should go around 2 wheels; one is the pulley of the motor, where there is a good groove. The other goes around the tub wheel which is big one. First fit to the motor wheel then fit to one side of this big wheel & turn the wheel to engage it gently. The belt should have a "give" of only half an inch, or it will be too loose or too tight.
If helped pl rate.........
Posted on Dec 28, 2007
u need to take the lid off and keep the small panel off now 2 ways u can do it 1)undue the botls on the motor just enough so u can move the motor now put the belt around the pulley wheel by placing your hand through the small panel once done put the belt around the motor wheel now last thing pull motor so it tightens the belt and tighten the bolts on the motor 2)place the belt around the wheel on the motor now with your other hand put the belt on 1 side of the big pulley wheel and hold it in place as u turn the pulley wheel it will slide on but with tension once on spin the pulley wheel and it will line up the belt
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
SOURCE: hotpoint wd64 washer dryer
mits86 , you are correct - it could be the belt.
REMEMBER TO UNPLUG BEFORE STARTING ANYTHING!
To do the belt...
1. UNPLUG the washer.
2. check you've unplugged.
3. Open the top of the machine - see the sides of the lid about 10 cm from front, remove plastic caps on each torx head, undo torx. (torx set required)
4. Remove concrete block from top - large spanner is required - remember the sequence so you can replace later.
5. Lean over the drum and see the large drive wheel.
If you see a broken belt then remove it and re-order one from hotpoint...see http://www.4hotpoint.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.pl?PID=634224&brand=&model=wd64&part=belt.
6. to replace belt - see motor shaft at bottom of unit. Dangle new belt round shaft of motor and gently pull so it does not come off motor.(This is not easy!)
7. At the same time Ease one side of the new belt back on to drive wheel on the back of the drum.
8. Turn Drive wheel until belt is on.(This is not easy and requires alot of hand strength)
9. Replace concrete block with bolt and spanner in reverse sequence you removed it.
10. replace lid, torx and cover for torx.
REMEMBER TO UNPLUG BEFORE STARTING ANYTHING!
- If the belt is not broken in your case - it could be the brushes on the motor - I can give you info on this if required!
Please dont forget to rate me as fixya.
Posted on Mar 26, 2008
F01 is a motor faulty normally caused by the module,but sometimes thewiring to the motor plug that works loose as its to tight,give them alla good wiggle make sure there all in!
check this link for other error codes of hotpoint machines
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
SOURCE: fitting new belt
Remove top cover and lower rear panel of washer
With some help, tilt washer forward, and fit belt round motor pulley first,slowly ease belt onto drum pulley and feed slowly round, turning pulley at same time, it will be very tight, so watch your fingers, you can align the belt after it is fitted. Please rate my solution.
Posted on Aug 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2011 | Hotpoint WMA44 Front Load Washer
An F-05 error message means that the pressure switch is jammed on empty or a problem with pump.
The fault is associated with drain out (pump blocked or restricted in some way).
Small panel at rear of machine reveals the pump, pull of the two pipes (Plastic clips hard to get off, slide them sideways), remove wire and unclip pump from base of machine by lifting locking tab and sliding to the left, pump can then easily be cleaned.
Please get back to us if you have further query else please accept the suggestion.
Thank you for contacting fixya.com
May 03, 2011 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Apr 07, 2010 | Hotpoint Ultima WF860 Front Load Washer
Jan 25, 2010 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF220 Front Load Washer
Jan 22, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Oct 28, 2008 | Hotpoint First Edition FEW12 Front Load...
Jun 22, 2018 | Washing Machines
Jun 21, 2018 | Haier Washing Machines
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!