Question about Car Audio & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You had the settings set incorrectly and overdrove it. The voice coil leads are burn't open. If you look at the little flexible braids by the terminals I'll bet they are black/brown and maybe even burn't in half. It's toast.
Posted on Sep 22, 2007
SOURCE: Sub is blowing fuses!! :(
The issue is most likely a short in the amp internal circutry where power is essentially flowing without resistance acrosss the short. You may or may not have sound or crackling noise as it depends on where the short is.
If you are electronically inclined, I suggest the folliowing:
- disconnect all power and open the amp up
- look for any burn marks around the circut board and parts.
- first focus in on the area where the power comes in - see if any diodes (black cylinders with stripes on them) are burnt / cracked
- next have a look at all the MOSFETS. These should be 3-legged components and will likely be mounted to the shell or heatsink. Look for any burn marks or cracks on these.
- also look for any wire or component that may be shorting other components. Generally all wires should have shielding and all components should be soldered firmly. Anything crossing other components could be a problem.
If you find any burnt/cracked components, they will need to be replaced.
Here is a sample image showing the MOSFET chips to the top and bottom on the aluminum rail.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2016 | Altec Lansing Acs295 Subwoofer
Aug 06, 2014 | Boston Acoustics Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 27, 2013 | Car Audio & Video
Dec 01, 2010 | Pioneer Car Audio & Video
May 03, 2009 | Kicker SoloX S10X2 Car Subwoofer
Mar 31, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 24, 2008 | Car Audio & Video
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!