Question about Sewing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It isout of time you need to time it.by adjusting the screw on the bobbin holder turn it left or right and the tension knobe and foot tension.
Posted on Nov 12, 2007
SOURCE: elna 1600
On a 1600 the bobbing case should not turn. the metal around it should. It should remain stationary.
The part thet turns is called the hook. Is the hook spinning. Is a new needle in the machine? That is where I would start.
Posted on Feb 19, 2008
SOURCE: Sewing Machine Elna 6000 model
Cannot get top thread to catch and uplift bobbin thread, have changed bottom bobbin; think this may be shuttle problem. Need to get machine in to Polokwane in Limpopo Province to a repair center, cannot find a contact number of Elna there. Can you assist?
Posted on May 27, 2008
Wind the Bobbin
For the usual jobs, it is the best to use a medium sized thread.
2. Disengage the flywheel by unscrewing the coupling knob as far as it will go.
3. Place the bobbin on the bobbin winder, and push the bobbin winder to the right.
4. Pull out one of the spool pins and place the spool of thread on it.
5. Pass the thread through the bobbin winder tension discs, as indicated.
6. Wind the end of the thread around the bobbin by hand, in the direction indicated.
7. Wind the bobbin, at a medium speed by pressing lightly with a finger on the spool so as to stretch the thread better and thus fill the bobbin to a maximum. The full bobbin stops automatically.
8. Re-engage the flywheel by tightening the coupling knob.
9. Cut the thread and remove the bobbin from the bobbin winder by pushing the latter to the left.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
SOURCE: winding bobbin- elna
The bobbinwinder spindle is on the top of the machine on the right.
Try to turn the spindle with your fingers. If it is turning easily, good. If not, see below.
Push the spindle to the right and it should turn when the handwheel turns.
If the spindle does not turn properly, remove the two screws that hold the top cover on. DO NOT REMOVE THE SCREW THAT IS ON THE SMALL BLOCK NEXT TO THE BOBBINWINDER SPINDLE.
The top cover will not remove because of the handle. While lifting up the cover, peer under to make sure that there is a small rubber tire on the under side of the bobbinwinder spindle.
If the tire is there, place a small drop of oil on the spindle and turn it until it frees up. Try not to get oil on the tire, it will make it slip. Wipe it off if it gets oily.
Replace the top and retry.
Posted on Jul 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2016 | Elna Sewing Machines
Jan 06, 2016 | Elna Sewing Machines
Sep 03, 2015 | Elna Sewing Machines
Sep 04, 2014 | Elna Sewing Machines
Apr 30, 2014 | Elna Sewing Machines
Jan 09, 2014 | Elna Sewing Machines
Dec 29, 2013 | Elna Sewing Machines
Feb 18, 2012 | Elna Sewing Machines
Apr 08, 2011 | Elna 2007 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Jun 11, 2009 | Elna Sewing Machines
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: