Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Does anyone know how to fix error message on a canon MP530 "check cartridge U852"
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i had the same problem. aall i did was open the printer up and moved the thing that holds the cartridges to the middle by hand. mine seems to be working fine. post again if its still not working.
Posted on Nov 16, 2007
HI Guys 6A00 error usually cant't be fixed according to the service centre, I was lucky and actually bought an extended warranty, the service centre said that the MP530 are a good printer and worth fixing as they don't see many at all compared to other models and other brands. There was a broken piece of hardware that something to do with the print carriage. cheers vailey
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
You could try this way first as its a lot quicker and easier than the official steps from HP:
Just hold down the ENTER button and then press the MENU button. There will be a series of 3 fast, high beeps. Then everything resists and is a-okay. Both problems go away.
OR The HP way as listed below:
The ink cartridge-related error messages may occur due to one
of the following reasons:
* The ink cartridge does not make a proper electrical contact
* The cartridge is bad or wrong
* The cartridge is remanufactured or refilled
To resolve the error, follow these steps:
Step one: Check the print cartridges and clean the cartridge contacts
Even if the cartridge is new, follow these steps to clean the print
cartridge contacts. Print cartridges have a substance on the contacts
to keep them from corroding during storage that may cause poor
electrical contact between the print carriage and the print cartridge.
1. Verify that the product is turned on.
NOTE: If the HP product is not turned on, you will not be able to
remove the print cartridges.
2. Open the top cover or the cartridge access door in one of the
* Pull the control panel forward and then lift the top section
toward the back.
* Open the access door on the left or right of the unit. This door
may be located under the scanner glass lid on some flatbed
* On many flatbed products, you raise the front center section of
the unit to access the print cartridges.
* Raise the cartridge access door on the front of the product.
3. After the print carriage stops moving, unplug the power cord. You
must unplug the power cord to prevent the print carriage from
4. Remove both print cartridges.
5. Verify that the part number on the cartridge is the correct part
number for the all-in-one and that the carriage is not blocked
preventing the cartridges from moving. Visit the following HP Web
site for a cartridge compatibility chart.
6. The electrical contacts of the print cartridge are coated with a
thin layer of grease to protect them from oxidation. This grease
may inhibit the electrical connection and should be removed. Using
a cotton swab or cloth lightly moistened with distilled, filtered,
or bottled water, clean the electrical contacts of the cartridge.
This usually occurs with a new ink cartridge, but may also occur
with an older cartridge.
NOTE: When an all-in-one is used frequently for black and white
printing but infrequently for color printing (for example,
an all-in-one that is used primarily as a fax machine), the
color cartridge will still eventually fail and need to be
replaced. The pins in the print carriage can cause dents
on the contact points of the color cartridge over time
(usually between six and twelve months).
7. Wipe the contacts with a dry, cotton cloth.
8. Reinsert the cartridges and lock them in place.
9. Close the top cover or access door and plug in the power cord.
10. If the error persists, repeat these steps. If further cleaning
fails to resolve the error, proceed to "Step two: Clean the
print carriage contacts" section.
Step two: Clean the print carriage contacts
Have the following materials available to clean the print carriage
* Cotton swabs or any soft material that will not come apart or leave
fibers (for example, a scrap piece of clean cotton cloth).
* Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water may contain
contaminants that can damage the print cartridges).
CAUTION: Be careful not to get ink on hands or clothing.
To clean the cartridge contacts inside the product, follow these steps:
1. Turn on the unit.
2. Open the top cover or cartridge access door.
3. After the print carriage stops moving, unplug the power cord.
4. Remove both print cartridges.
5. Using a cotton swab or cloth lightly moistened with distilled,
filtered, or bottled water, clean the electrical contacts of the
6. On models equipped with locking latches, lower the latches.
7. Wait five to ten minutes for the contacts to dry and then plug in
the power cord. The unit will begin to reinitialize. Wait until
the process is complete before proceeding.
8. Reinsert the print cartridges when prompted and then close the top
cover or access door.
9. If the message recurs, replace the print cartridge indicated by the
* If you are using refilled or remanufactured cartridges or non-HP
cartridges, replace them with new HP cartridges. HP cannot
guarantee that refilled or non-HP cartridges will function
correctly in HP products.
10. If the problem still exists, replace both print cartridges. Since
the cartridges are electronically connected through the printed
circuit board, the cartridge not indicated in the message might be
the causing the failure.
If the issue still persists, please click on the link below and install
the firmware update:
NOTE: Clicking the link may give an error indicating it is
invalid. If this occurs, copy the portion of the address
on the remaining line(s) and paste it at the end of the
address showing in your browser until the complete address
is displayed in the Address box.
1. Download the file "HpAiOFWUpdate2_2.exe" to a local hard drive. Make
note where (in which folder) the file gets copied.
2. The hp all-in-one software for the OfficeJet 6100 series must be
installed on your PC before installing this firmware update. The
OfficeJet 6100 series must also be connected to your PC and turned on
3. Locate the file "HpAiOFWUpdate2_2" on your hard drive and
double-click the file to install the firmware update.
This should resolve the issue. If you need further assistance, please
reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further.
You may receive an e-mail survey regarding your e-mail support
experience. We would appreciate your feedback.
Please visit our Owner Services Web site for details on keeping your HP
and Compaq products up and running.
I hope this helps
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
SOURCE: Canon MP530 U052 Error
Reseat the Print Cartridge. Go to Canon site (see below) and search for U052 error. I followed the directions with pictures and the error went away. http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=SupportDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=238&modelid=13371
Posted on Aug 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 09, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 30, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 19, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 19, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 16, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!