Question about Cisco Valet Connector (AM10) Wireless Adapter
When I plug the Cisco Valet AM10 usb wireless adapter into my desktop pc the setup window doesn't pop up. And in the device manager window it is listed with a question mark under other devices as "Cisco AM10 USB Hub" When I connect the adapter to my netbook pc running Windows XP 32bit, the setup window pops up and it is displayed as a generic usb hub in the device manager. I can't seem to find the correct drivers to install this adapter. Why is the adapter recognized as a generic usb hub in my netbook but as other devices in my desktop?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Based on your description, you are savvy enough to set up wireless connection and would understand the terminology and steps that I am going to share with you. The following steps applies, you may want to:
· Uninstall all drivers for wireless devices without restarting your computer.
· Then, turn off your computer.
· Remove side panel and Uninstall/remove old wireless card physically. Close side panel.
· Turn on computer.
· Open Windows Wireless Manager. Fig.1.
· Delete all saved wireless connection profiles.
· Close all windows then install your USB wireless adapter. Follow step by step in the instruction manual. Make sure you install the appropriate driver for your Windows version.
· Set up your wireless connection as you normally do.
If the problem persists, You might want to change/replace your Linksys USB wireless adapter with a Netgear USB wireless adapter for compatibility reasons.
"Understanding explains better..."
Posted on Jan 26, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2014 | Cisco Valet Connector (AM10) Wireless...
Feb 22, 2012 | Linksys AE1000 IEEE 80211abg IEEE80211n...
Jun 15, 2011 | Cisco Linksys WUSB100-BP RangePlus...
Mar 13, 2011 | Linksys Valet by Cisco AM10 Valet...
Feb 21, 2011 | Cisco Valet Connector (AM10) Wireless...
Feb 05, 2011 | Cisco Valet Connector (AM10) Wireless...
May 10, 2009 | Linksys WUSB54GSC Compact Wireless-G USB...
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: