Question about Canon Pixma MX410 All-In-One Printer
My canon won't let me print, I've changed my black ink cartridge (the colour one is empty and not needed.)Due to the empty colour cartridge the printer will not let me print my black and white document, this has never happened before. Help!
The printer requires both cartridges to have ink before the printer will initialize and operational. Even if you are only printing black and white both cartridge have to contain ink or the printer will error out. This is standard on all ink jet printers from every manufacturer. You will have to get ink before you can print.
Posted on Apr 30, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Print WITHOUT colour cartridge
If you right click the printer in the Printers section of the control panel and select printer preferences, there should be a tab called maintenance. In this tab, you should find a setting called Ink Cartridge Settings. Once you click on this setting, click black cartridge only. This should allow the printer to only use the black ink and therefore you won't need color.
If you have any other questions or this doesn't solve your issue, let me know.
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
You need both. One is pigment and the other is dye. One is used for photographs and the other for non-photographs - but it's the printer that decides which one to use.
All Canon printers (to my knowledge) will stop working if any one ink cartridge is empty. This is to prevent damage to the print nozzles. The ink itself is the cooling medium for the hot nozzles.
Posted on Nov 29, 2009
Testimonial: "Instant answer so I can stop trawling the internet now! Thanks"
SOURCE: black cartridge emptied half way
Routine maintenance and keeping full ink tanks will prevent this problem, however if you have the problem you can resolve it by doing the following:
1. Clean your ip3000 print head using denatured alcohol solvent which can be purchased from most hardware stores. If unavailable, use 91% Alcohol (isopropyl alcohol (first aid antiseptic) which is available for less than a dollar at most walmart pharmacy departments.
*Warning: You may want to usea pair of latex exam gloves as this is a messy process and can stain your fingers.
Isopropyl Alcohol or denatured alcohol
sink, bowls and or basin
can of compressed air
very small screw driver
tablespoon or baby bulb type syringe
1. Lift print head from printer. It pulls out easily because it is held in with the same down lever that holds the cartridge in place.
2. Put two layers of paper towels in the bottom of a dish to protect sensitive sprayer heads.
3.Put enough solvent in dish to cover the screens on which the cartridges sit when in use.
4. Take the two small screws out that hold the white ceramic piece
5. Gently, pry the ceramic piece back and away , to reveal the underside (No need to pull away the glued points on the sides.)
6. Gently, move head up and down to slosh solvent aeound it the best as you can. Use a table spoon or syringe to pour solvent over all orifices in the print head, turning it upside down and then back a few times.
7. Use canned air with a plastic straw to blow into and through all orifices, slternately sloshing/swishing and pouring solvent over head (be carefull not to touch any of the holes, screens, or sprayer heads with anything)
8. Empty dirty solvent from bowl and replace with paper towels and clean solvent. Soak for approx 10 minutes. Rinse again with clean solvent poured directly on all parts, letting solvent overrun and fall into dish or basin.
9. Gently shake the solvent off the head, take it outside and spray with compressed air into all orifices to clear out and help evaporate any remaining solvent. Let sit on clean paper towel for approx 20 minutes. (There may be a little ink bleeding out of the head, but once it dries completely it does not present any problems.
10. Reinstall head, cartridges and it will print like a new printer.
SUGGESTION: For many years of problem free printing, keep a double set of ink cartridges, one set full at all times. Whenever a cartridge runs out of ink, replace it IMMEDIATELY,with a new one or a refilled one. This gives the print head no chance to dry out and create clogged heads. Routine maintenance of cleaning the heads every 24 months does wonders for keeping your ip3000 in new condition.
Happy Printing .
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
your black ink cartridge got bad sprayer nozzles now you gotta replace it
and why the other color one is not bad yet cus printer as will known will depend on black ink far more so the black cartridge is heated up more times
Posted on May 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 02, 2013 | Epson Stylus DX6050 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 12, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 15, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP460 All-In-One InkJet...
May 27, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP610 InkJet Printer
Feb 18, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 04, 2009 | Kodak ESP 5 Printer
May 18, 2009 | Cannon i70 Printer
237 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!