Tried to decrypt memory card but it is still encrypted.
I encrypted my Nokia e5 , I then unencrypted it because I wanted to us it in a laptop, when I went to decrypt it is" said it will take 356 minutes and to keep it plugged in, ,I did what it said, I feel asleep, woke up and it was back to the main screen, butwhen i went to look at a picture it was in symbols that I can't understand what it says, cause it is encrypted, I do have the pk5 i used to do the encryption. But How do I decrypte it, it says phone memory and memory card encryption is off. Under memory card I have the following options encrypt without saving key, encrypt and save key, and encrypt with restored key. The pictures and music I have on the 32 gig memory card are the only pictures I have of me and my grandparents before they passed as well as all my music and the first pictures of my grandchild after she was born. PLEASE HELP.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To open a locked memory card, select Options > Unlock memory card. Enter the password. If you cannot recall the password to unlock a locked memory card, you may reformat the card, in which case the card is unlocked and password removed. Formatting a memory card destroys all data stored on the card.
Encryption Select Menu > Tools > Encryption. Encrypt your device or memory card to prevent outsiders from accessing your important information.
Encrypt device memory or memory card
To encrypt the device memory,
select phone memory. To encrypt the memory card, select memory card from the following:
Encrypt without saving key
• memory card without saving the encryption key. If you select this option, you cannot use the memory card in other devices, and if you restore factory settings, you cannot decrypt the memory card. Encrypt and save key
• and save the key manually in the default folder. For security, store the key to a safe place outside the device. For example, you can send the key to your computer. Enter a pass phrase for the key and a name for the key file. The pass phrase should be long and complex.
Encrypt with restored key - Encrypt the memory • card with a key you have received. Select the key file, and enter the pass phrase
I'm using E71 device, yesterday i heard about new firmware available for my phone. I had backed up my phone with Memory card encrypted with stored key file. After update new firmware successfully i go check memonry card enter password correctly open encyption function to store but my phone keep saying: invalid key file Now i lost more important data in it with whole my private things, credit card, identify, taxing billing, pictures and company most important file