Question about Audio Players & Recorders
To replace a turntable drive belt.
Before starting ensure you disconnect the power supply.
1, Remove the rubber platter mat to expose the platter.
2. Put your thumb and forefinger through the two round holes and lift the platter off. You may need to give the center spindle a light tap (whilst applying upward pressure) with a screwdriver handle or some similar tool that will not leave any marks or damage.
3. Remove the old belt and wipe the platter pulley and motor pulley with an alcohol swab to remove any old belt residue.
4. Place the new belt around the platter pulley making sure t is sitting flat without any twists.
5. Flip platter over the right way up. There are1or 2 larger rectangle shaped cut outs in the platter.
6. Through the cut out pinch up the belt and slip a finger or belt hook between the platter pulley and the belt gripping the belt ready to fit over the motor pulley.
7. Align the center hole of the platter with the spindle and place platter back into position keeping a grip on the belt.
8. Slip belt over motor pulley and give the platter a light clockwise rotation to ensure the belt is riding correctly.
9. Replace the rubber mat and then run the turntable to ensure correct operation.
Remember, when changing between 33 & 45 rpm the platter must be rotating to ensure correct belt repositioning on motor pulley.
Posted on May 06, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Onkyo Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 01, 2011 | Onkyo Audio Players & Recorders
Sep 01, 2010 | Onkyo Televison & Video
Dec 07, 2009 | Onkyo DX-C390 6-Disc CD Changer
May 18, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 13, 2008 | Onkyo Audio Players & Recorders
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: