Question about Bissell Vacuum, Lift Off Deep Cleaner
Portable spot cleaner won't suck water
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Might the button be stuck a bit? We had this problem and rinsed the brushes out and cleaned the connector area with a damp paper towel. Had to push the button in and out several times to be sure it wasn't sticking. Also, when the hose is docked found it tended to hit the docking station and would spray everywhere! Had to turn around the hose w/ the button so it would stop spraying everywhere. Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 24, 2010
First check the motor duct gasket. The motor duct gasket is visible once the tank is removed. It is located underneath the handle on the top of the base of the machine. It has a black rubber coating around it. If there is no suction there please let us know. If your machine does have suction at the duct, continue to check the following:
- Ensure the Ready Tools Dial is set to the appropriate setting (Floor Cleaning or Hose Attachments).
- Remove the tank from the machine and ensure the tank lid is attached properly. The front window must first hook onto the lip of the bottom of the tank and then drape over the tank. Latch the bottom tank to the top tank lid. THIS LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE TANK IS NOT REMOVED FROM THE MACHINE.
- Make sure the Water Tank is not full on the outside of the bladder. If it is, empty the tank.
- Ensure the hose is firmly attached to the back of the machine. If not, re-insert as necessary by twisting into place.
- The machine must be in an upright, locked position and set to the Hose Attachment setting. If the handle is slightly tilted back while using, it will create a small gap at the suction inlet (where handle meets gasket, above the Bottom Tank) which will cause little or no suction.
- Check the red Tank Lint Screen for debris. If the Lint Screen is dirty, the unit will have poor suction. Clean the Lint Screen if necessary.
- If the float flap door in the tank lid is activating prematurely when you turn the machine on, this flap door should be replaced. This tank may need to be emptied.
- Check the Tank Lid and Tank for damage.
Posted on Aug 13, 2010
SOURCE: It won't spray water out
If your machine is spraying through the hose but not to the floor, check to ensure the spray tips at the base near the brush roller are clear. Using a pin or safety pin, **** the spray tips or use a cloth to clean.
You can also try these troubleshooting tips:
- Remove the belt access door and inspect the pump belt to ensure it is not broken, worn or stretched. You may also check the belt by turning on the power and watching the brush on the bottom of the machine. If the brush rotates the belt is not broken.
- Check for proper placement of the o-ring on the SmartMix Cap Insert (some o-rings are detachable and need to fit over the straw; others are molded to the cap).
- Check for liquid in the base of the machine where the SmartMix Bottle sits (SmartMix Reservoir). If there is no liquid in the reservoir, the neck on the SmartMix Bottle may be undersized, the cap will not make proper contact with the unit and the smart mix bottle will need to be replaced.
- Check for the black or red tank gasket on the SmartMix Bottle Cap and on the bottom of the Tank-in-Tank Assembly. If gasket is lodged in base of unit or has been lost, reattach gasket on auto-load or order new gasket if appropriate.
- Check the valves on the bottoms of the Tank-in-Tank and SmartMix Bottle to make sure water/solution will come through when the "x" valve is depressed. Bladder or SmartMix bottle may be empty or the valve may be blocked internally.
- Check if the small rounded window tabs on the top edge of the Floor Nozzle Window are locked in their mating slots on the base of the machine and not inadvertently lifting the tank up out of place.
If these suggestions do not solve the problem, please have a technician at a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center inspect your machine. BISSELL supports your machine with a one-year warranty for any defective or malfunctioning part.
To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com. Click on the Customer Support tab near the top of the homepage and enter your zip code in the Service Center locator box to perform your search.
You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1.
Posted on Apr 20, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2011 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Jun 13, 2010 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Mar 09, 2010 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
Aug 17, 2009 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
Jul 18, 2009 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
Nov 26, 2008 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
Jun 01, 2008 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
May 26, 2008 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
Jan 09, 2008 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: