Question about Washing Machines
Hi, we have used the Bosch WAE20261AU front loader for 4 years now and it works wonderfully. However the rubber seal where the door shuts is almost black (original colour is grey) due to grime. How can I clean this. Also, is there a way to remove the lint that may have accumulated in the washing machine. Thanks for your advice.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The mould you are referrng to is actually bacteria that is building up because you are doing too many low temp washes.
What you must do is a high temp wash periodically,with powder in but no washing.
Do this 3 or 4 times a year, more if you do a lot of wahing.
It is called a maintenance wash, and helps kill off the bacteria.
With a scouring pad or steel wool pad, clean as much scum as you can off the door seal. particularly in the folds of the seal.
You will probably be left with stains in the rubber, but as long as you have got the worst off, it should be o/k.
Please rate my solution.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
First clean around the rubber with some mould and mildew cleaner for bathrooms - available from most supermarkets.
This is a natural accumulation of waste detergent, fabric softener, fibres and dirt build up that is being attacked by bacteria and eventually decomposes into a sludge / goo and then eventually starts smelling bad as well.
To keep the machine clean of waste build up and to keep any bad odours away:
1. Remove all items from the washer.
2. Open the dispenser drawer and 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment. DO NOT use more than 2/3 cup (160mL) of bleach per cycle as this will lead to product damage.
3. Close the washer door and dispenser drawer.
4. Select the Clean Washer cycle or a full wash cotton 104 F wash (40 C). DO NOT use any higher temperature as this will cause unnecessary fumes
5. Press Start and allow cycle to complete.
6. After the cycle is complete, leave the door open slightly to allow ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
7. Repeat the cleaning procedure monthly
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
I am a recently retired engineer of 20 years once you have ruled out anything getting inside the machine by accident etc, like something in pockets or greasy overalls, then its likely to be the drum bearings, has the machine started to get noisy on the spin the drum bearings are covered by a rubber seal, this seal gets damaged or worn and water leaks into the bearings themselves washing out the grease back into the drum where the washing is, you could also notice slight water marks on the floor underneath the machine on the floor, take the back off and look for water marks coming from the drum outer casing behind the pulley, these marks will be brown and will originate from a small drain hole, if any of the above change the bearings before any real damage is done, either to the clothes or the machine, as repair can be expensive? sorry, hope i have helped you as to where to look at least,
Posted on Sep 19, 2007
SOURCE: BOSCH Washing Machine -Door Seal
1) remove the tension ring under the rim of the seal at the front
2) flip the whole seal into the drum so that you can get at the inside of the seal
3) remove the tension ring hold the seal to the outer tub
4) reverse of the process to put in the new seal
Its as simple as that.
Posted on May 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 03, 2014 | Bosch Washing Machines
Jun 21, 2011 | Bosch Washing Machines
May 17, 2011 | Bosch Washing Machines
Apr 22, 2011 | Bosch Classixx WFC 2465 Front Load Washer
Apr 01, 2011 | Bosch Washing Machines
Feb 12, 2011 | Bosch Washing Machines
Apr 28, 2010 | Bosch Axxis WFL 2060 Front Load Washer
Jan 17, 2010 | Bosch Classixx WFL 2066 Front Load Washer
Jun 25, 2009 | Bosch Exxcel WVT 2850 Front Load Washer /...
348 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!