Question about Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
When I plug my Flip Mino into the computer, the screen randomly flashes on and off. When I unplug it, I can't turn it on. I can't get it to do anything at all. I haven't used it for about a year but yesterday I charged it and I think it has a full battery now. What's going on?
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Flip Mino won't turn on!
I had the same problem. Here are the steps I took to fix it.
1. Adjust the power options on your laptop to ensure it does not sleep/hiberate ever.
2. Reset the camcorder by inserting a paperclip into the hole in the tripod mount. Hold the paperclip in there for about seven seconds.
3. Then immediately plug the flip into the cpu.
4. You may not see anything besides the little blinking white light on the USB arm for a while (about 30 minutes maybe) but leave it in.
5. Eventually it should spring to life and show the recharging battery on the little screen (the Flip Share program may start too.)
6. Leave it charging until the little white light stops flashing - full charge about 3 hours.
7. You can then remove the flip and change the power settings back to normal.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
There is a reset button! Get a pin and push into the tiny hole at the bottom - inside the tripod screw hole. Push in and hold. The camera will reset. I called the Flip support - they were great !
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
1) remove the battery pack from the camcorder
2) connect the camcorder to a powered USB port on your computer
3) when the "Connected" indicator comes on, insert the battery pack into the camcorder
4) safe eject your camcorder from your computer
5) reconnect your camcorder to your computer
6) the battery pack should now begin to charge within the camcorder
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
SOURCE: Flip Video Won't Turn On
For the Flip Ultra - Take out batteries you should see a flat somewhat square piece of metal with a small black piece sticking up from it. Take a pencil and push the black piece down wait a few minutes then try turning your flip back on.
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
on May 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 06, 2013 | Flip Video SlideHD S1240W HDMI Camcorder
Jun 12, 2010 | Pure Digital Flip Mino Digital Camera
Mar 18, 2010 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Jul 14, 2009 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Apr 13, 2009 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Feb 16, 2009 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Feb 03, 2009 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Dec 14, 2008 | Pure Digital Flip Mino Digital Camera
1,738 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: