Is the equiptment used? Your subs may be blown, try disconnecting them from the amp, then power it up, and then see if it still blows fuses. If it does, your subs are either wired incorrectly, or blown.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
this sound like a case of arcing power wire it happens very very easy if u use cheap wire especially from walmart. whatever u do keep using fuses and get a batt test asap. if u take out the fuses ull burn the amp like no other and plobably burn out the power rails which will be cheaper to buy a new amp after that
your inline fuse wouldn't blow if there was just something wrong with the amp. the amp fuse would blow if that was the case. something is faulty with your wiring. you probably have the wires touching somewhere or are in the wrong terminals at the amp or on the wrong battery terminal. or your power wire is grounding out somewhere. its not the amp. its your wiring
the wire from your battery is blowing fuses? and you are using 20-30 A fuses? mine has a 100A fuse..look into getting new wire plus my wire is 4 gauge.., 1600 watts is too powerful for a 12 g wire and a 30 A fuse
Sounds like the amp is shorting somehow. You are obviously shorting out somewhere between the battery and the amp. Are you sure you grounding location is a good one? is the fuse blowing only when you turn the stereo on? Something is not hooked up correctly.
If the fuse at the battery is blowing then it's a short.
If the fuse on the amp is blowing then its probably a bad amp.
the fuse may not be working, you could try a larger sized one, also if you have the old power cable try it again with a larger fuse in place, if it worked before its likely to just be the fuse wasnt big enough, check all the other connections are in the right place, if they all are and you know the amp hase worked before then it could only realy be the fuse isnt big enough or the power lead is faulty.
for this to cause a problem with amplifiers there is something internally wrong with it. Most of the time the mosfets take a shit from the hot...cold....hot....cold atmosphere its put in by all of us audio people. If it still has warrenty that would be the easiest route to go. Send it in to them and have them fix it for FREE lol!! well sorta. Hope this helps you understand why you are blowing fuses.
If I were a guessing man, I'd guess that you had your amp hooked up in a bridged configuration. And also that you connected your two speakers in parallel (plus to plus and minus to minus). And if I were to further guess, I'd guess that you have a blown amp now because of what I mentioned above. Sounds like you need to spend some quality time with your favorite electronic repair shop. Good luck.