Question about ASUS Eee PC 1001PXD-MU17-BK 10.1-Inch Netbook (Black) (AAS1001PXDMU17BK)
On booting, it says hard disk locked, don't know what the password is. I can't even get to the bios or image recovery, what do I do, am stuck.
Its asking you the bios password, for this you have to visit your system's manufacturer and they will unlock the same.
Posted on Apr 25, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Hard Drive Password Lock out
If you are able to locate either the jumper (JBAT1) terminal from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3 for a few seconds and then back to pins 1-2; or the cmos battery(remove for about 10 minutes) which will be on the motherboard although where is anyones guess, unless somebody does know, but i'm sorry i don't. Athough this may not open up the hardrive as sometimes there is a hidden file on some manufacturers hardrives that sometimes prevent formating.
Posted on Jan 04, 2007
SOURCE: Asus eee pc 4g bios password
You don't need to access bios to change boot drive just hit escape key a couple of times when you power on and it will give you options for which drive to boot from.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
There is a hidden Administrator account that is created when your operating system is installed. Access that account and then reset your password.
1. Boot your computer and press F8 repeatedly
2. Access Safe Mode
3. Key in "Administrator" in Username, with no password.
4. Go to Control Panel, then User Accounts
5. Select the account you want to reset the password
6. Change the password
Hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 08, 2011
SOURCE: it says missing operating system
You have a crash on your hands. Try removing the hdd and ram - cleaning the ends or terminals on the pieces you CAREFULLY remove and then place them back into the PC. First remove and clean the HDD - then remove the RAM - - if you have more than on 'stick' of ram - pull them both - clean them both then STOP. Put just ONE stick of ram in the machine and try to start it - if it doesn't start remove that stick of ram and try the other. If the Laptop comes on then try the other stick. Pay attention because if one is bad it will stop the pc from working. Sadly it sounds like you will need to either repair or reinstall the Operating system. However there are things you can do to find out what you must do. Try these things and let me know how it works out.
Gary @ Fix Ya
Posted on Aug 15, 2011
Maybe you are not giving it enough time to get into the setup.
Let it sit for a while and see what happens.
Posted on May 31, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2012 | Computers & Internet
on May 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on Jul 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 17, 2012 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Jul 27, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv5-1004nr Notebook
on Jun 01, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Top 1: Windows Password Key
The first solution is using Windows Password Key and it consists of three parts in order to Windows 7 password recovery.
1. First you need to download the program in any available Computers and install it. Prepare a blank CD/DVD dive, or just a 2GB USB Flash Drive is OK. Run the program and then burn the ISO image file to CD/DVD or USB Flash drive. It is easy for you to do this and just takes a few minutes.
2. Turn to your locked PC and then insert the newly created CD or USB Flash drive. To make your computer to boot from CD or USB you need to set the BIOS. Restart your Computer and then press F2 to your bios and then select boot tap change the hard disk drives to the first. Usually there is no need to set bios if you don't change your bios setting before. If you have any questions, watch this.
3. Restart your computer and you will find Windows Password key isnitializing, follow the instruction to recover windows 7 password, it is not complicated, anyone can do it well.
This program is 100% recovery rate, you can log into your computer in less five minutes if you follow this tip.
Top 2 : Windows 7 password reset disk
Like other system, Windows 7 allow you create a password reset disk to reset your Win7 forgotten password. But you need to create a password reset disk before losing windows 7 password. Actually, when you add a password to your account, the first thing you should do is creating a password reset disk. If you have create a password reset disk before and now you have forgotten your Windows administrator password, do as follows.
1. Insert your password reset disk to the computer, click Reset Password.
2. Select your password reset disk and reset a new password.
Top 3: Repairing Windows 7 System
If you don't have a Windows 7 password reset disk, you can boot into the Advanced Boot Options screen and then repair your computer as follows.
Note: In order to use system repair, System Restore had to be enabled and you should create a restore point before you losing windows 7 administrator password.
1. Make sure you computer is booting from CD or DVD.
2. Click Startup Repair and you'll see a restore point that you want to use.
3. When finish, restart your computer and see if you can log in.
Jun 27, 2011 | Acer Aspire 5742Z-4200 Notebook
May 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 09, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
Apr 07, 2008 | Computers & Internet
159 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: