As we all know, leather is everywhere in the world of carry, and so we thought we should have a little look into how to care for the stuff. But, how to care leather products? Just by using leather conditioner? Here are the tips for your reference.
1. Choose the correct cleaning way. Buy a nubuck cloth first whatever type of leather you're cleaning. Ensure you're using something made especially for leather care. Test the product on a small piece of the leather in an unnoticeable area to ensure it doesn't harm or distort.
2. If leather gets too wet: Dry it slowly. Speed drying leather changes its chemical structure and you end up with stiff crinkle cut chaos. So room temperature with gentle air works better than direct heater time with hair-dryer. And keep it in the shape you want it to end up.
3. Apply a leather conditioner when conditioning. Be wary of products that leave any obvious residue when use a leather conditioner. When in doubt, ask the salesperson what type of conditioner is best for your item. Leather conditioner can be purchased from many furniture stores. It is also available at auto parts stores, where it is sold for conditioning leather car interiors. Keep it in mind that you should try to avoid anything that has silicone or wax, since these ingredients will break down the natural oils in the leather.
4. Get rid of some mistakes! Several things like soap or baby wipes that you should not use on leather. They may contain harsh salts that may strip your leather of its natural finish and damage it, requiring costly repairs eventually.
5. Properly polish the leather. Once your leather has been restored to its original suppleness, give it a polish. A lot of polishing agents contain color or tint so be careful to use one that corresponds with the color of your leather.
6. Give some protective work. Don't leave your house in leather boots if you haven't sprayed them when dry with a protective leather spray. You have been warned. Don't store your leather in plastic. Store all your leather in a cool, dry place.
7. Last but not least, you can try to make use of some cleaning tools. Microfiber towels, for example, can be your best choice for leather care.
Dashboard Wax Spray Professional Wax Spray with Scents
Microfiber Wax Towels Supply Different Functions at the Lowest Price