Question about Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate for PC
Try to transfer music from disk drive c to external hard drive write protection keeps coming up
1. Click Start
2. Type regedit and click OK.
3. Save your registry settings by clicking file > Export > save. This is the bacup taken in case something messes up.
4. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE by clicking on the + sign next to it.
5. Open SYSTEM by clicking the plus sign next to it.
6. Open CurrentControlSet.
7. Open Control.
8. Open StorageDevicePolicies
9. Right click on WriteProtect and click modify.
10. If the value data is 1 change it 0 and click ok.
11. Repeat steps 7 to 10 for ControlSet001 and ControlSet002 .
12. Close Registry editor and its done. You might have to reboot
Posted on Apr 25, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2012 | Hitachi 4TB Touro Desk DX3 USB 3.0 Hard...
Jan 27, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
Dec 21, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jul 27, 2010 | Dell OptiPlex GX110 PC Desktop
May 31, 2010 | Maxtor One Touch II (EO1E200) 200 GB Hard...
Aug 12, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 29, 2008 | Seagate 400GB 7200rpm External HDD Retail...
May 28, 2008 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Mar 09, 2007 | FireLite (USBFLB80) Hard Drive
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: