D-Link DIR-625 Rev C FW308 - Cannot connect via VPN
I've recently upgraded the firmware on my DIR-625 router from 306 to 308, which corrected a problem I was having with an MSI Wind that would not connect via wireless. That's good, but now my VPN connection from my other laptop does not work. Everything else looks OK, and I did not have problems with VPN before the upgrade.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had a similar problem in the past. I would suggest the following solutions:
1) Download the latest drivers for the D-Link DIR-625 or D-615 Router at the manufacturer's website DIR-625: http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=501 DIR-615: http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=565 -Make sure to download the correct drivers for your operating system (XP, Vista, Windows 7).
2) Download the latest firmware for the D-Link DIR-625 or DIR-615. It is available through the same listed websites. Note: Make sure to use direct connection for firmware upgrades so that it upgrades securely without errors.
3) Make sure the modem is up to date. If it's your modem, then upgrade drivers and firmware by googling the appropriate model number and brand of the modem.
4) If it is not your modem, you can still upgrade the drivers and firmware. Further assistance should be available through your ISP (Comcast, Verizon).
5) Sometimes a connection may be disconnecting because the firmware for the connection via FiOS/DSL may not be upgraded in the infrastructure outside your house. To solve this issue, call up your ISP and tell him that you are disconnecting several times a day and ask if firmware is up to date.
6) It may be a faulty modem. If so, call up your ISP and they should replace it for free (generally).
7) Fault router may entail customer support at D-Link. Just contact through email and check your warranty. They may help you even if the product is out of warranty (happened to me).
Base from the description of your problem this issue has something to do with the firmware of your router, so to correct the problem do a firmware upgrade on your router or if there's no updated firmware you just flash the firmware to it then check if the problem is already fix after doing that.
You will need to talk to the IT lead at your job to see if he has given you proper allowances to access the VPN server. You also may want to check the errors or prompts screens that the the PC is giving this will tell you what the next step is. Please provide more information as to you issue your issue is not complete as to what you are experiencing for your VPN connection. 2. check the VPN configuration in your PC also there may be a firewall issue here that is not allowing you to connect.
Does your modem has a NAT too? if not then upgrade the firmware of the router that usually fix the problem, if not then ask your ISP and see if they are blocking the ports. have you tried connection without the router to see if that will work?
I Supplied a link to the dlinks firmware page , FIRST look on the bottom of your rouer to make sure you have REV-C if you have REV-A disregarge his fix.... if rev-c you need to upgrade the firware of your router to version 3.06 or higher for a mac oS.
this first link is to a page on how to update the firmware the 2nd is to the fireware page. http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=966&question=General-Routers
you will ned to download the file to a machine hardwired to the router, sign in to the routers setup page , go to the advanced tab and update page then brouse to the file you downloaded, and click apply. then exit and try signinig in with the latop
1) First you need to check if the router is blocking mac address. Login to the DIR-625 by typing 192.168.0.1 on the address bar of IE.
Use admin for username and leave password blank or type in your password.
Go to Advance Tap, on the left click on Network Filter. Select Turn Off Mac filtering, click on save settings. wait for your to reboot. If that doesn work try option tow below.
2) What you need to do is Upgrade to the latest firmware on your router (Resolves 99% of all problems). Make sure you download the right firmware for there are two version of the DIR-625 ( Rev. A & Rev. C).
You'll also need to make sure you have the latest driver for the adapter since you have a newer computer.