Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

Waltec washerless faucets

Diagram for insytalling the seat and the spring

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • charrahe Mar 15, 2009

    i got the problem solved thanks

  • charrahe Mar 15, 2009

    i got the problem solved thanks

  • marty metzger May 11, 2010

    what is the brand. what problem are you having?



1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 297 Answers

I cant draw it for you but the spring fits inside the seat and the seat goes in the hole last. in the hole goes the spring then the seat goes on top then the stem.put the seat on a small screw driver,then the spring then slide it all into hole, try it good luck.

Posted on Jul 29, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:


Diagram-Type Faucets


  • The diaphragm faucet is washerless but is similar to washer-type faucets. A rubber diaphragm between the stem and seat creates a straight-down, frictionless close. As with washer-type faucets, diaphragm faucets have two handles.

  • Remove the stem by following the steps outlined for washer-type faucets. Instead of a washer on the end of the stem, you'll find a swiveling disc. If the rubber diaphragm doesn't come out with the stem, it is still inside the faucet.

  • If the diaphragm didn't come out with the stem, use pliers to peel it from inside the faucet and pull it out. Install a new diaphragm around the swiveling disc, then replace the stem in the faucet.

  • If the faucet is leaking around the stem, replace the stem's O-ring before reinstalling the stem.

on Jan 16, 2010 | Plumbing


WASHERLESS FAUCETS A leak in a washerless faucet usually indicates that the...


  • A leak in a washerless faucet usually indicates that the working parts need replacing. Often, prepackaged repair kits are available. Kits may contain all the necessary parts, or may include only the specific parts that need replacing. Follow the instructions for installing the replacement parts. Washerless faucets on tubs and showers are repaired in the same way as those on sink and washbasins.

on Jan 16, 2010 | Plumbing

1 Answer

How to replace seats and springs on delta 978-sd kitchen faucet

Shut your water off to the faucet and remove lever handle by untighting the set screw on the handle with a 1/8" allen wrench. Remove handle and sleeve that handle sits on to gain access to stem to remove seats and springs I have included a web site go to it and click on parts diagram to get a exspoded view of internal parts.

Hope this will be helpful to you.

Apr 14, 2011 | Home

1 Answer

Dripping facet

If a faucet is leaking the necessary repair will be either:
1. For a ceramic or washerless faucet, replace the cartridge.
2. For a typical old fashioned faucet, open the faucet, replace the washer (and packing if it has any) and verify that the faucet seat has not eroded.
The newer washerless faucets cannot be repaired except by replacing the cartridge. Cartridges for most common faucets are available at most home improvement stores or plumbing supply houses.
It sounds a lot more difficult than it really is, just shut off the water (usually a shut off valve under the sink). After the water is off, remove the handle and any chrome protective covering. Depending on the faucet type, it may be a little difficult to remove the cartridge since they are often covered with mineral build-up or corroded into place.
Once you remove the old cartridge the new one usually goes into place easily.
For single handle faucets, make sure you put it in the right way, some of them will put the hot to the wrong side if you put them together backward.

Mar 13, 2011 | Home

1 Answer

Kohler parts - plumber told me the ceramic ring in the faucet is broken- and that's why it is dripping. I am trying to piece out parts to fix myself on Kohler diagram - what is the ceramic ring called?...

hi, just had a quick look and the part you would have to source would be :78125 spline adapter. this is shown here...... the taps are washerless ceramic valves and pretty good quality, are they still covered under warranty as i would imagine that part is not cheap.

Jan 14, 2011 | Kohler Fort© Widespread Lavatory Faucet...

1 Answer

Water does not shut off in shower, what can I do

There are a number of reasons your faucet may not be shutting off. If you have an old type of faucet, the problem may be due to a worn out washer, or the faucet may have a damaged seat. In which case, there is a tool that can be purchased in your neighborhood hardware store. You will have to disassemble the faucet and examine the seat to verify the damage. In older faucets, it is sometimes better to replace the faucet than make the repairs, as the repairs and the search for parts to repair the faucet may be almost impossible to find.

Or you may have a washerless faucet which actually has a different type of spring loaded washer, and will wear over a period of time as well.

The shut off valve may even be somewhat loose and require tightening. In most cases, this can be verified if the handle turns 360 degrees and never tightens completely.

I hope this helps you solve your problem

Oct 08, 2010 | Home

1 Answer

Washerless faucet leaks

Turn water off, dismantle retainer remove and replace cartridge or remove rubber valve rubber with head of small common nail,pull out springs and get replacements at hardware store for specific application, or for a quick fix, strech springs slightlyand reinstall.

Sep 09, 2010 | Home

1 Answer

I have a Waltec water faucet on my bathroom sink. The hot water is leaking so I tried to take it apart to change the washer and can't. I took the srew and top off but when I try to take the cylinder out I...

I have a Waltec vegetable drainer which fits perfectly in my sink (the sink is about 10 years old) and I am having trouble finding a replacement. Where would I find such products?

Apr 20, 2010 | Plumbing

1 Answer

My Delta Faucet Leaks

Check that we were looking at same parts diagram, but I would say RP-70 Ball assy., as well as RP-4993 Seats & springs . If it's only dripping, just seats and spring will usually get you by, but if they are sending parts, free of charge, or ball assy., isn't too expensive, I'd change it too. I have had some luck with removing ball assy, cleaning it well with fine steel wool, then removing seals, and springs, stretching spring slightly, to add more pressure to seal, clean seal, then dab on a little vaseline to seals, and re-assemble.

Jan 06, 2010 | Delta Model 470: Signature Kitchen...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

1,115 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

16174 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

36376 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides