Question about Delta Faucets

Open Question

Bathroom weltec washerless faucet for rp1740 reinforcement body

Posted by on

4 Suggested Answers

SOURCE: dripping faucet

Take a cloth and lay over the top of the stem so as not to damage it. With pliers, grasp the top of the stem and turn it a quarter turn counter clockwise. The stem should lift right out.

Posted on Mar 14, 2009

  • 297 Answers

SOURCE: waltec washerless faucets

i cant draw it for you but the spring fits inside the seat and the seat goes in the hole last. in the hole goes the spring then the seat goes on top then the stem.put the seat on a small screw driver,then the spring then slide it all into hole, try it good luck.

Posted on Jul 29, 2009

  • 251 Answers

SOURCE: bathroom sink faucet,(washerless) has a drip when

a repair kit/cassette
most decent plumbing centres will be able to match up the old cassette

Posted on Oct 21, 2009

  • 1739 Answers

SOURCE: I need the cold water stem for a American Standard

American Standard has an on-line Repair Parts centre:

Posted on Mar 23, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Water continuously is running

Single handle? Two handle? Washerless? Bathroom or kitchen?

Nov 28, 2013 | Faucets

1 Answer

How to fix a leaky Moen faucet that leaks at the spout ,which is separate from the handle?

These faucets can leak in three different places:

  1. Internally at the valve seat
    You'll see water dripping from the spout. This means the rubber washer is worn or damaged. To replace the washer, remove the decorative cap from the handle. Remove the retaining screw and pull off the handle. Remove the decorative cover, called an escutcheon, if there is one. Unscrew the packing nut counterclockwise. Unscrew the valve stem and remove it. Remove the screw that holds the rubber washer in place. Because these washers come in many shapes and sizes, you'll want to take the old one to the hardware store and buy an exact replacement. Be sure to buy two washers so you'll have one for the other valve. Replace the washer and reassemble the faucet.
  2. Around the handle
    If you see water coming from below the handle, the packing nut is leaking. Older faucets have a string-like graphite packing material wrapped around the stem. Newer faucets use an O-ring. First try tightening the packing nut clockwise... about one-half turn. If this doesn't stop the leak, remove the packing nut and replace the packing or O-ring; then reassemble the faucet. If the valve is using the graphite packing material, it might be a clue that you should shop for a new faucet.

  3. Between a pivoting spout and the body
    The spout might be held in place with a packing nut, similar to the faucet stem, or it might have a nut at the top of the spout. In either case, remove the spout and replace the packing material or the O-ring seal. Then reassemble the faucet.
Single lever faucets also are known as "washerless" faucets. They are easier to repair than compression faucets after you determine what type of faucet you have. There are three types of washerless faucets: ball, ceramic disk and cartridge.
Leaks are evident in two places... dripping from the spout and seeping from around the spout where it joins the body of the faucet.
Leaks from the spout indicate that the ball, disk or cartridge is leaking. To repair, turn off the water to the faucet, then remove the handle. The handles on ball-type faucets are held in place with a setscrew that requires an Allen wrench to loosen. Ceramic disk and cartridge-type handles usually are held in place by a screw hidden beneath a cap.
On ball and ceramic disk-type faucets, remove the ball or disk and replace the seals. You can buy replacement kits for these faucets at the hardware store or home center.
On cartridge-type faucets, remove the spout and pull out the retainer clip that holds the cartridge in place. To remove the cartridge, pull on the cartridge stem with a twisting motion. If it resists, install the handle so you can a better grip on the cartridge to pull it out. Take the cartridge to the hardware store or home center and purchase an exact replacement kit.
Reassemble the faucet according to directions.
Leaks at the spout-to-body joint indicate an O-ring failure. Disassemble the faucet as described above. Remove the spout sleeve and replace the O-rings. It's a good idea to replace these seals if you have the faucet disassembled for repair of the ball, disk or cartridge.

Sep 10, 2011 | Moen Faucets

1 Answer

Moen 2 handle bathroom sink faucet, ca84004 series. cold faucet functions fine. hot faucet does not shut off. handle turns as cold does but hot does nothing. water must be shut off from wall supply...

Try going to their web site and selecting consumer support. Usually the bathroom sink faucets, you can unscrew the handle with a Phillips screw-driver and then twist the body of the faucet off. Then there will be a nut to screw off, to remove the inner "guts". It sounds like the rubber seal is worn out on the inner faucet assembly. If so, then all you would have to do, is to replace the rubber seal. I hope that this helps you out. If not, then I would contact the company and see about a replacement faucet, depending on your warranty! If worse comes to worse, then I would call in a professional plumber, to assist in fixing it! Good luck my friend.

Jul 06, 2011 | Moen Faucets

1 Answer

Bathroom faucet drips, I can take the handle off but I can't figure out how to pull the rest of it out to get to the washer. Its a two handle faucet. Some have a clip to pull and then slide it out but...

If it has ceramic cartridges you will need to replace th ecartridge that is faulty.

If it has washers then it should unscrew out of the body of the faucet. Look for any nut that requires a spanner to unscrew.

Jan 08, 2010 | Moen Bathroom Sink Faucet - 4-inch...

1 Answer

Bathroom sink faucet,(washerless) has a drip when closed. what part do I need to fix this. Gerry

a repair kit/cassette
most decent plumbing centres will be able to match up the old cassette

Oct 21, 2009 | Faucets

1 Answer

How do I replace the stem in a two handle faucet after replacing the spring and rubber seat? I don't know how the two plastic pieces should be inserted.

There are tabs in the cartridge and slots in the faucet body, line them up and push. If the handles turn incorrectly, turn the cartridge 180 degrees.

Aug 30, 2009 | Delta Faucet 2530CBLHP/H25 Innovations 4''...

1 Answer

When I installed my delta replacement cartridges, RP1740 two handeled faucet, the water will not turn off no matter which way I turn the handle. I have a new rubber cup and spring. It looks so easy, I must...

Sounds like you might have the rubber cup seals installed upside down? The spring goes int he body first, then the cup seal goes over and on top of the spring.

Jun 25, 2009 | Delta Faucets

1 Answer

Dripping faucet

Take a cloth and lay over the top of the stem so as not to damage it. With pliers, grasp the top of the stem and turn it a quarter turn counter clockwise. The stem should lift right out.

Mar 14, 2009 | Kohler Model 102704A: FortĀ® Centerset...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Faucets Logo

Related Topics:

57 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Delta Faucets Experts

Ed Mac

Level 3 Expert

709 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

7205 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4331 Answers

Are you a Delta Faucet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides