When I charge my iPod Nano it charges fine but instead of turning off or ... it will turn off but in about 2 seconds it goes to the "Charged"
Just happened 3 days ago,,,,2nd generation Nano 2GB, Plays and Charges Fine Via PC (Travel Charger will NOT Charge Now Even tho it works fine,,,becouse,,Nano Message says CHARGED but actually the Travel Charer is cuttoff via Nano thinkng it is Charged)..so overnight with Charged screen lit,,,,,in monrning it is dead...plug into PC USB and message blinks "Please Wait Very Low Battery)....for 3 days and many attempts and common on Internet same problem I have seen....wat 2 do ,,,I am in Shanghai for work without music now.
I have done diagnostics( done on the Ipod Nano + also via my PC...all were A-ok), played with hold button, reset + Restored 3 times but it obviously is an Internal Problem
plug the nano in seems to charge but as soon as I take off the nano stops
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: When I charge my iPod Nano it charges fine but...
You need a new battery for your iPod. you can view a free instructional video on battery replacement at the first web address posted below. the second one is a cheap site I found for purchasing iPod parts.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
iPod Nanos will sometimes freeze up, sticking on one screen or not even turning on at all. If your nano is locking up, there are a few things you can try to get it working again.
1. Turn off the hold button. First of all, make sure that that wasn't the problem--don't worry, we've all done dumber stuff.
2. Cold boot. Assuming that wasn't the problem, flick the hold button on and off a few times, and then make sure it's off. Hold down the Menu button and the middle button button for about 15 seconds; this should reset the iPod nano, which may fix the issue. Make sure that the iPod nano is fully charged before attempting this.
3. Recharge. If that didn't work at all, try plugging the iPod nano into the USB port of a computer, using the adapter that came with it. Be sure to plug directly into the computer, and not through a USB hub. The USB needs to provide adequate power for the iPod nano to function, and it may be unable to do so through a hub. The iPod nano should be recognized by the computer; once it is, you simply need to safely disconnect it in iTunes, and it should be functional. If it doesn't show up on the computer at all, give it about 20 minutes, leaving the iPod nano connected to the computer, as the nano may be under-charged, which requires a few minutes to re-charge. If it's still not working, try plugging the iPod nano into a different computer.
4. Try again. If the Menu + Middle Button fix seemed to work, but just cycled the nano back to one of its starting screens (including the "do not disconnect" or the "loading Apple logo" screen), try that fix again. If it still doesn't work, try to charge it for a while, and then try it once more.
I do NOT want to Pay for a solution ONLINE.....because after 12 hours of work on it, and internet feedback, I am SURE it is a Hardware GLITCH.....It has happened to others......so I am Not sure ,,,,but probably will have to take to China's 1st apple store
Let me Know if HARDWARE or Other Glitch.....CHARGED remains when I turn it Off until VERY LOW Battery + Kills it
Hello Kawase, I would suggest you try charging the unit this one time by connecting it to the computer. I suspect that the charger may be defective if plugging the wall charger into the iPod has no effect on the low battery warning. If the iPod is able to be charged from the USB port on your computer that would tend to confirm that the charger is not working. If the iPod does not charge when connected to either the computer or the wall charger then you may very well have a another defective iPod. Best Regards Ken "Go Ahead. Use Us."