The paper is jammed..
Cause and solutions for paper jams
Cause 1 : Paper jammed in the Paper Output Slot, the Auto Sheet Feeder, or the Front Feeder.
Soultion : Remove the paper following the procedure below:
1) Slowly pull the paper out, either from the paper source or from the Paper Output Slot, whichever is easier.
* IF the paper tears and a piece remains insde the machine, open the scanning Unit (Printer Cover) and remove it.
After removing all paper, close the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover), turn the machine off and turn it on again.
-Be creful not to touch the components inside the machine.
*If you cannot pull out the paper, turn the machine off and turn it back on. The paper will be ejected automatically.
2)Reload the paper in the machine, and press the OK button on the machine.
If you turned off the machine in step 1 all the print jobs in queue are cancellled. Reprint if necessary.
if you cannot remove the paper or the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after moving the paper, contact your Canon service representative.
Cause 2 : Landscape credit card-size paper jammed inside the machine.
Action : Do not load credit card-sized paper in the landscape orientation.
Slowly pull out the paper from the Auto Sheet Feeder and remove it. If you cannot remove the jammed paper or the paper jam error continus after removing the paper contact your Canon service representative.
Cause 3 : Paper jammed inside the machine at the transport unit.
Action : Remove the paper following the procedure below :
!) Hold the Rear Cover Lever and then press to the right and put to remove the Rear Cover.
2) If you can see the jammed paper, slowly pull the paper out.
* Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine.
* If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the machine off and turn it back on. The paper will be ejected automatically.
3) Reattach the Rear Cover.
Hold the Rear Cover so that the Rear Cover Lever comes to the left. Align the protrusions at the right edge of the cover with the slots at the rear of the machine and press on the lever ot reattach the Rear Cover.
Important : Press firmly on the Rear Cover until it is fit squarely in the rear of the machine. If the Rear Cover is not reattached properly, paper may not feed properly and cause paper jams.
4) If you were not able to remove the paper out in step 2, remove it from the Front Feeder. Refer to cause 1.
5) Relaod the paper in the Front Feeder and press the OK button on the machine.
If you turn off the machine in step 2, all print jobs in queue are cancelled. Reprint if necessary.
Hope this helps.
Please rate my response.
Have a good day.
Nov 30, 2009 |
Canon PIXMA iP1300 Printer