Question about Gucci Watches
Want to know if its real or fake
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Not true, it is real, I've got the same breitling and I know it's real. It's an emergency watch generally used by military personnel.
Posted on Dec 08, 2009
The price you paid for it, the place where you bought, the documentation that came with it, the quality of the user manual, all these constitute good indications whether it is the Real McCoy (Real McCartier).
Posted on Jan 27, 2010
SOURCE: but i am still
Here are some helpful hints on how to spot a fake Gucci watch.
1. Examine the face of the watch. Gucci watches are precise, numbers are uniform and perfectly spaced. Numbers on a fake might have odd spacing and vary in size. Study the minute and second hands. Gucci watches use Swiss quartz movement that is smooth. The words "Swiss made" appear on the bottom center of the face under the 6 o'clock position. Hand movement on replicas might tick or stick.
2. Turn the watch over. Most authentic Gucci watches have the model number on the back. If you see nothing but a crest, or a crest and the Gucci name, the watch is likely fake. No authentic Gucci watches display just the crest and name without additional markings. Crests on replica Gucci's are typically larger than the crest on real watches. Visit Gucci's website to become familiar with watch markings.
3. Feel the weight of the watch. Gucci watches are made from solid materials. A fake Gucci watch will be considerably lighter than its authentic counterpart. Gucci watches are usually made of stainless steel or gold. Check the links. They are metal on authentic Gucci but fakes have hollow links.
4. Look for authentic pictures of the watch if you are buying it from an online store or auction site. The photos should be in high-resolution so you see details. The merchant should not show stock photos of the watch. The pictures should be of the specific piece that's for sale. Request more photos if you are in doubt of the watch's authenticity.
5. Look for proof of purchase if buying a used Gucci watch. Determine where the watch was originally purchased. Your Gucci watch should come packaged with an authenticity card or certificate of authenticity. Check the serial number. Gucci watches have their own markings that help certify their authenticity. If you know the serial number of the watch you're looking to purchase, you'll be able to contact a jeweler or Gucci watch retailer to verify the authenticity of the watch prior to making a purchase.
6. Consider the price. A new, authentic Gucci watch will range from $650 to thousands of dollars. If the price of the watch is lower than 35 percent off of the retail price, the Gucci watch is likely a fake.
Red Flag #1 - The back side of the watch has nothing but a crest or a crest + the Gucci name on it. This is common and a sure sign of a fake. Some real Guccis have the crest, come don't, you have to know what is supposed to be there, but NONE of them have just a crest and/or GUCCI and nothing else. These crests and Gucci names are generally huge as well - the larger they are, the more likely it is to be a fake Leave these alone!
Red Flag #2 - It's a 3600 model with a "G" face. This is probably the most commonly faked model out there. Sometimes I can't even tell from the photos myself. If it has a second hand, it's fake. If it's laying out flat, it's fake - the real ones have a deployment clasp and won't stretch out flat. Ask questions.. does the back attach with screws (it's supposed to) or pop off. Ask for a photo of the back if it's not in the auction and know what the back is supposed to look like. This really holds true for any model, but with this one, the back is may times not shown, and when it is, it can look awfully close to the way it should. If you buy one and receive it, it should be heavy. The fakes are made from a much lighter base metal and will feel almost like a plastic toy in your hand.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Aug 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2017 | Gucci Watches
Oct 29, 2016 | Gucci Watches
Aug 07, 2016 | Movado Watches
Jul 14, 2016 | Paolo Gucci Watches
Jun 10, 2016 | Rolex Watches
May 10, 2016 | Rolex Watches
May 02, 2016 | Gucci Watches
Feb 08, 2016 | Watches
Mar 28, 2015 | Gucci Watches
Sep 18, 2014 | Watches
699 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: