Question about Moen & One Handle Tub & Shower Faucet
1. do i need to turn water off for entire house, no way to find if present behind the wall the on/off handles like under sink
2. can't seem to see how one removes old cartridge after removing plastic (single) turnign knob held by one screew
3.brand is moen
4. handle turns OK right and left and does work but is very tight! to pull on/push off
4.?does the chrome plate with two screws securing the plate from which the turn assemly exits the center, need to come off
ps; any diagrms to refer me to, thanks again
Louis, if you do not have a separate supply cutoff to the fixture-most residential units do not- then yes you would need to turn the house supply off. Remember to bleed the pressure off the system before attempting this repair.
1. you remove handle.
2. remove the chrome extension tube that goes around the stem and is in the center of the trim plate. It will pull straight out by hand.
3. there is a small brass retaining clip that holds the cartridge in place. It has a small tab on the top of it with a small hole in the center of the tab. Remove this tab by lifting it straight up. You may need a small set of pliers.
4. Now take and attach the handle back on and pull the cartridge out.
5. It sounds as if you have hard water in your house and the mineral deposits have caused this issue. This will also make extraction a bit harder but if yu give it a few good pulls it normally will come out. If not you may need to buy a cartridge extraction tool that is sold at most hardware stores relatively inexpensively.
6. Pay attention to how the stem is orientated so you can install the new one the exact same way.If you neglect this you may find that the hot and cold water are on opposite sides now. If this occurs remove the cartridge and rotate it 180 degrees and reinsert.
Thanks for using Fix Ya.
Posted on Mar 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2013 | Moen Shower Hardware
May 01, 2011 | Danze & Single Handle Tub And Shower...
Mar 23, 2011 | Ldr Industries 520 1300C ADJUSTABLE SHOWER...
Feb 26, 2011 | Delta T13420 Chrome Classic Single Handle...
Jun 02, 2010 | Moen & One Handle Tub & Shower Faucet
Apr 05, 2010 | Moen & One Handle Tub & Shower Faucet
Dec 21, 2009 | Price Pfister R89-7PC0 Chrome Portland...
Nov 10, 2009 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet
Sep 26, 2009 | Delta & Leland& Tub & Shower Faucet
Jan 09, 2009 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet
347 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: