Question about Microwave Ovens

Open Question

Looking for a HVM12 Diode for a Sylvania Microwave.Or Substitute.

Mod. # SM81103

Posted by Anonymous on

Ad

2 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad
  • 11 Answers

SOURCE: CANT START MY SYLVANIA MICROWAVE MOD P70D20AL-D5

Yeah,same old American name on a foreign product. Even try to find a representative in the USA? Seems this is caused by the connector on the timer board. The cable connection is to blame. Too much heat and humidity on the connector.

Posted on Dec 10, 2009

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Sears sent me a diode for hotpoint microwave and a video for replacement and the video is different. Can't find the diode for MY Hotpoint rvm1435bk01 to see if it's the same to replace.


Most microwave diodes will work just fine from system to system. The most common ones I use are rated at 550ma. When you check your old diode what made you think it was bad? They are such a high rating you will not get a reading on it with a regular ohm meter. Mostly on HV rectifiers if it is not shorted ( Zero Ohms) it is probably good. If you have no high voltage then substitute it and see if you do get high voltage, then you know it was open. Follow the video and give it a try.

Aug 12, 2017 | Hotpoint Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave KCMS 135H, makes loud sound followed by blown fuse.


either the high voltage diode,capacitor,or the magnetron tube is dead shorted,remove the leads off the magnetron tube,but check the diode and capacitor with an ohmmeter to check these for a shorted condition before trying a new fuse,if it builds high voltage then its the mag tube

Jan 07, 2013 | KitchenAid KCMS135 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have the danby designer Mod DMW162W-ORT that won`t heat at all but everything else works. Hums a bit louder but will not warm.


The Magnetron in your unit is no longer resonating properly. The Magnetron produces the microwave frequencies and when it resonates properly, it will provide the excitation to heat your item(s). As well, the diode that accompanies the magnetron needs to be replaced as well. Should it be under warranty, take it back. Out of warranty? Have an appliance tech repair it (usually around $175) or get a new microwave.

This is typical for most microwaves. No such thing as quality any more.

Apr 12, 2011 | Danby Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The capicitor reads 2.0 meg ohms and increases to 11 meg. diode reads open in both directions. are both components bad


With a normal meter, these are the readings a good cap and diode will show.

See these links:

http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/cap_test.html

http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/diode.html
(if it is NOT shorted or burned looking, it's probably fine)


If you still need help, please make a new post with that your full model number and symptoms.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 27, 2011 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

2 Answers

Ge microwave mod. #JVM1851BH06. i ohmed the capicitor 2 meg ohm and increased to 11 meg ohm. I also measured the diode which i believe branches off one leg of capacitor it shows open resistance O.L. both...


I'd say your diode is bad but your capacitor may be good. You need to test it further - as described below.

In order to get reliable measurements to make a determination about the condition of the components, each should have at least one lead removed from the circuit. If not, your meter will read the through the rest of the circuit - and not be limited to the diode or capacitor under test.

To check a diode: Set the meter to to the lowest scale (Rx1) and touch black (-) probe to the cathode of the diode (the end with a band around the diode body) and the red (+) to the anode lead to reverse bias the diode. The meter should indicate "OL" or high resistance. Reverse the meter probes so that RED (+) is on the cathode lead and black (-) is on the anode to forward bias the diode. The meter should read a very low resistance - approaching 0 ohms. Diodes should conduct in one direction only - and the other is should look "open" If it conducts or is open in both directions, it is defective. Zener diodes can be checked with an ohm meter, but need a variable voltage supply and are required to be in a circuit (instead of out of circuit like a standard diode) for accurate testing. A link to zener diode testing here.

To check a capacitor: Set the meter to the lowest scale (Rx1) and touch probes to capacitor leads. The meter should indicate "OL" or high resistance and show steadily decreasing resistance before increasing to OL or high resistance again. Swap probes from the meter on the capacitor leads and "OL or high resistance indication should change to an even lower amount of resistance thas before before returning to "OL" or high resistance indication. These are test result characteristics of a good capacitor under test.

I hope this helps & good luck! Please rate my reply - thanks!

Jan 27, 2011 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

Abruptly stopped heating food and now makes loud BUZZZ noise when I attemot to use the microwave. Would lke to know if this is likely to be worth repairing, If not, what current model will fit exactly?


the buzz noise is generally a diode or capacitor problem, capacitors generally will buzz. Definitely worth looking at. Look for a burnt diode or a capacitor with a bulging top with the power off.
Otherwise the magnetron may have gone out and then you are just better off replacing
let me know what you find Benjamin

Aug 19, 2010 | KitchenAid KHMS145J Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Replaced diode and fuse started unit work for 50 sec the a board to the upper left started tu burn fuse blow powweris off


The magentron or high voltage capacitor is drawing too much current as it gets hotter. Substitute the cap first , it is cheaper solution.

May 13, 2009 | Electrolux Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

CANT START MY SYLVANIA MICROWAVE MOD P70D20AL-D5


Yeah,same old American name on a foreign product. Even try to find a representative in the USA? Seems this is caused by the connector on the timer board. The cable connection is to blame. Too much heat and humidity on the connector.

Nov 20, 2008 | Sharp R-353 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

18 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...