How to attach bontrager pump to presta valve
This pump does not need any presta valve adapter, the head unit is a dual unit for both presta and schreader.
1. On the bicycle tube. Open the valve by unthreading the small metal cylinder located at the very end of the valve stem. DO NOT force the the bead to come off of its threading. A couple spins counter clockwise will do the trick.
2. Insert the valve stem into the filler head. The lever on the back of the filler head should be "down" at this time.
3. Connect the filler head to the valve stem by lifting the lever on the head "up".
4. The valve stem and the handle on the filler head are now in parallel to each other, basically inline with each other.
5. START PUMPING.
6. If loosing considerable air while pumping, Try reinserting the valve in to the filler head, deeper, for a more secure fit.
If the issue persists, use a presta valve adapter on the valve stem. Traditionally used to convert presta valve heads to schreader heads, for use with filler heads not compatable with presta. A one dollar part available at any bike shop. Usually used in a pinch while airing up at gas stations or with schreader only pumps.
Dec 27, 2012 |
Bontrager Supercharger Floor Pump - cycle...