- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is called a Vchip and the only way unlocking those is with repair. $75 bucks respectivly to reset a vchip. This is not something you can but a defualt code into so do not be fooled by anyone that tells you otherwise. I seen allot of people on fixya that had this same issue and resulted in using the RCA inouts so the vchip does not block you. /So the fix here is two fold.
2. use the inputs with a cable box and you will be fine.
Most Tube tv's like this do not have a digital tuner anyhow so there is really no need all you need to do is by a OTA over the air digital tuner about $60 bucks or subsicribe to cable and hook this up to its inputs.
Thanks please do consider that you got this solution for free when you a rating me today. Please also leave feedback if you will, Thanks
Hit the Menu button on the TV. 2. 'INPUT SECRET No.' should appear. 3. Press and hold both VOL (+) and CH DOWN (9) on the TV set simultaneously until the message 'INPUT SECRET No.' disappears. 4. The vchip settings should be disabled now and the Parental controls menu should be presented, 'disable' Status if need be.
Hold down the Vol - key on the TV. When Volume is at the minimum, hold down the 0 button on the remote. Remain holding both keys for at least 1 full second. Be sure your arm or hand is not obstructing the remote IR beam to the TVs IR receiver.
1. Hit the Menu button on the TV.
2. 'INPUT SECRET No.' should appear.
3. Press and hold both VOL (+) and CH DOWN on the TV set simultaneously until the message 'INPUT SECRET No.' disappears.
4. The vchip settings should be disabled now and the Parental controls menu should be presented, 'disable' Status if need be