Question about Konica Minolta magicolor 2430 DL Laser Printer
There is a lens inside the printer that has a speck of dust on it. If you pull the Drum cartridge (the green handle) look straight down on the side closest to the fornt you will see a glass peice about 6"x3/8". Dust on this will create a streak like your describing. Do not touch this with your hand! Use a lint free cloth or better a can of dust spray be sure not to tip the can so that the solution sprays out, do not blow on it with your mouth either. You may spit on it! You can usually see the speck of dust. Get it removed and you should be fine.
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
This totally solved my problem, I have a Magicolor 2530dl and I bought after market cartridges, I thought, that's what I get for buying cheaper cartridges, but cleaning the glass lens was all it needed.
Posted on Mar 21, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 11, 2009 | Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer
May 04, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1012 Printer
Feb 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 24, 2009 | Mustek A3 USB Flatbed Scanner
Nov 25, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 07, 2008 | Kodak I620 SHTFEDSCAN Path-Through Scanner
685 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert