Service Pack 1
NEC Computers has developed a service pack to address several service issues with MobilePro 780 and 880 handheld personal computers.
To assure proper operation, NEC Computers strongly recommends that you update your MobilePro 780 and 880 systems immediately by installing this service pack according to the installation instructions.
* Download Service Pack One for MobilePro 780 and 880: ftp://ftp.necsam.com/pub/Catalog/3959/MobileProSP1.asp
* View Installation Instructions: http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/FAQs/display/default.htm?itemID=2001186#Installation
* See Contents of Service Pack: http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/FAQs/display/default.htm?itemID=2001186#Contents
* Read Additional Frequently Asked Questions: http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/FAQs/display/default.htm?itemID=2001186#FAQ
Installation Instructions for Service Pack One for MobilePro 780 and 880
First download the service pack (MP78_UPDATE.CAB) to either your HOST or MobilePro system. It must be manually loaded onto your MobilePro by either using a dial up connection, PCMCIA Flash card, or from a connected PC before continuing with the installation.
To install the MP78_UPDATE.CAB file, follow these steps:
1. Back up your MobilePro data and configuration using the Microsoft ActiveSync backup procedure. For details on using ActiveSync, see your MobilePro User's Guide.
2. Perform a Full (hard) reset on your MobilePro.
Caution: Performing a Full reset erases all your data. Your MobilePro resets to the factory default settings. Please perform the backup first or you will lose data!
3. Copy the MP78_UPDATE.CAB file to you MobilePro desktop.
4. Install the service pack by double tapping the MP78_UPDATE ICON with your stylus. For proper installation, you MUST accept the default location - \Program Files, by clicking OK.
5. The following Message box will be displayed:
1. In order to ensure these patches are properly installed you must perform a Hard Reset prior to the installation.
2. You must back up all application and data files before performing a Hard Reset.
The Hard Reset WILL ERASE all applications and data stored on this Mobile Device.
3. This file must be installed immediately after performing a Hard Reset on the Mobile Device (before any applications are reinstalled).
4. Press CANCEL to exit. Or Press CONTINUE to install this file.
6. Press Continue to install the service pack or Cancel to back up your data.
7. When the Setup Finish message box is displayed, Click Ok. This will remove all temporary files from your systems.
8. When the Setup Complete message box is displayed, click Ok.
9. Perform a Soft reset on your MobilePro.
10. Optionally, restore your MobilePro data using the ActiveSync restore procedure.
11. Once the service pack is installed, NECC recommends that you use the ActiveSync b
Sep 14, 2005 |
NEC MobilePro 780 Pocket PC