Question about Computers & Internet
When I try to connect a local Wifi and key in the password, it will not let me access the qwerty keyboard only the numeric keyboard. It used to work before the Lync system was updated. Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I've been having the same problem where even hard wiring to the router won't work. I called USR and they had me reset to factory defaults. Now three days later, the same behavior is happening. I reset to factory defaults and it works again but I don't know for how long. Maybe these things just wear out after a while...who know.
Posted on Apr 20, 2008
If I understand your question correctly, you need the wireless key for your network.
1) If you have a computer that connects to the router wirelessly already, you can recover the wireless key by downloading this program: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html. It will show you the key the computer is using to connect to the network.
2) Log into the router and change the wireless key. You can start here to find the manual for your particular model:
Don't forget to rate this solution!
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
You reset the D-Link back to the factory default by - Press the RESET button at the back of the wireless router when it is powered up. Holt the RESET button foe at least 5 secs until the LEDs flash and then release the RESET button.
You can then configure the D-Link as follows ;-
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 28, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Nov 06, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Jul 02, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Mar 17, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Aug 27, 2014 | Irulu 7" 4gb Mid Google Android 2.3...
Aug 07, 2012 | nokia c6-00 touch qwerty 2gb msd 5mp gps...
Feb 06, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Apr 20, 2011 | Cell Phones
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!