Question about Dell 1700n Laser Printer
Our 1720 Dell Laser printer is flashing to replace the drum. I did this with two different drums and it continues to flash. When printing a status page it shows the photoconductor is exhausted. Is this the same as the imaging drum? If it is, why am I still getting the exhausted message? Do I need to resent the printer? Thanks for your input!
I finally figured it out (with Dell Tech Support's help)! When you replace the drum, you MUST reset the counter as well. All you have to do is:
1) Turn off the power using the switch on the back of the printer. Open the front door of the printer.
2) Hold Continue button down, power on the printer, and continue to holding Continue down until the LEDs begin to flash. When the LEDs start to flash, release Continue button. The LEDs will continue flashing until only Error LED will be lit.
3) Close the front door. Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low and Load Paper LEDs should be lit.
4) Wait till the printer completes the POST process. POST is complete when fan noise and rollers stops. After POST wait for 5 seconds
5) Press Cancel button 4 times slowly until the Toner Low LED is lit. This is the procedure resetting the counter.
6) Press and hold Continue until all LEDs begin to cycle in sequence, then release Continue. Now only the Toner Low LED will be lit.
7) Cycle the power of the printer (turn it off and then back on).
GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!!!
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
This is awesome, I was ready to give up on my printer. Thank you so much.
Posted on Aug 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2017 | Dell Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 10, 2017 | Brother International Brother MFC-9325CW...
Oct 28, 2016 | Konica Minolta bizhub C250 All-In-One...
Oct 20, 2012 | Brother Mfc-9840cdw All-in-one Laser...
Nov 18, 2008 | Samsung ML 1610 Laser Printer
Feb 11, 2008 | Samsung ML 1610 Laser Printer
Nov 28, 2007 | Epson Stylus 2200 InkJet Photo Printer
6,874 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!