Question about Riccar 8955 Upright Vacuum
It used to run very smooth and was easy to push, not i really hae to work hard to get it to move on te carpet. There is nothing jammed on the roller
After putting a clean bag into the vacuum cleaner, more air can get through it, so it generates more vacuum, sp it is obvious, that it will be harder to push for some time. if it wont get better, it only means you didnt gt it with a clean airbag
Posted on Apr 22, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The bag has a cardboard collar with latex. It must seal over the inlet. Make sure not to tear the bag when replacing.
Is the cover closing properly? The cover seals against a gasket. The same with the filter.
Posted on May 21, 2009
Just above the hole where the hose goes there's a squarish part to where your hand should go. It should just pull upwards.
User manual download (FREE and in pdf form:)
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
SOURCE: My Riccar 8850 stopped running.
Greetings from GoVacuum,
If the light on your Riccar 8850 is coming on, but the motor is not coming on, this indicates that your motor has gone bad. There is a reset switch on the back of the vacuum cleaner that sometimes trips if the bag is too full, or the filters are not maintained, but when this happens nothing on the vacuum comes on including the headlight. If the headlight is coming on, this indicates that electricity is making it down to the headlight, and the current is going through, but just not activating the motor. This is a tell tale sign of your motor being bad, and needing replacement. You can purchase the motor for the Riccar 8850 (12 AMP, 2 stage motor, Riccar part D113-1700 $122.44) from GoVacuum by giving us a call, as we don't yet have this part on our website.
I hope this helped you. We have been fixing Riccar's for over 30 years, and they are great vacuum cleaners, and the age of the model 8850 is probably the life expectancy of this vacuum cleaner.
Posted on Mar 18, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for the information. I pressed the reset button and everything is working fine again."
Have you tried resetting the machine using the reset button on the back of the vacuum? If not please press the reset button. Here are additional troubleshooting steps that you may apply to determine what's wrong with it.
1. Ensure that the power cord is firmly in. You may also try to unplug and replug the power cord.
2. This vacuums are equipped with a thermal motor protection circuit that will shut the vacuum down if it detects excessive heat up. Overloading due to a clog, or the bag being full can cause heat up.
3. Check the hose pipe or the upright's mouth and remove any obstacles. Use a broom handle to poke any debris that may become trapped in the hose.
4. Unplug the machine and use your fingers to pull out any debris in the machine's mouth. Cut any thread or string that may have become wound around the rollers. Plug the machine back in and press the reset button on the back of the vacuum.
5. Switch the carpet switch to the "Carpet" position if you are using the vacuum on carpet and the vacuum won't pick up debris. Turn the tool activation switch to the "Off" position. Take a look at the light marked "Brushroll." If it's illuminated, remove the cause of the jam at the brushroll.
6. If the vacuum allows dust to escape, check if all the covers are tight. The filters and vacuum bag must be installed correctly. The filters snap into place and cannot be washed and re-used. Make sure the base of the bag collar is on the bag supports.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jul 04, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2016 | Riccar 2000 4000 series Upright High...
Feb 10, 2015 | Riccar Vacuums
May 18, 2014 | Riccar Vacuums
May 15, 2014 | Riccar Vacuums
Jan 25, 2014 | Riccar Vacuums
Apr 22, 2013 | Riccar Vacuums
May 22, 2010 | Riccar 8850 Vacuum
May 20, 2009 | Riccar 8955 Upright Vacuum
153 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!