Question about Toymax Magnavox 37MF231D 37 in. LCD TV
Not sure if capacitor is low impedance aluminum elecrolytic, thats the question I get when looking for replacement.
Thanks for any help,
The capacitors in question are as follows. 2074 is a 2200uf 35v 105degree celsius. 2081 is a 1200uf 35v 105 degree celsius. I would recommend the smallest solder you can find, and use a 35 w solder pencil.
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Workup for repair
Diagnosis for Magnavox 32MD251D/37
• Will not power on
• Once on, if turned off power might not return
• Does not respond to power cycling
• Overloaded fuse
• Damaged/fried power board
• Damaged/fried inverter board
• Damage to wiring or related
• Overloaded capacitors on power board - I identified this based on a visual inspection and a multi meter test
• Capacitor 2079 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• Capacitor 2080 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• The capacitors referenced regulate the voltage controlling the power. These caps have a limited lifetime in hours which is usually around 3000. The device was left on for an extended period of time overloading these essential components.
1. I will order a set of replacement capacitors
2. Discharge board prior to work
3. Remove and replace damaged capacitors
Required Parts (total cost $30):
• (2) Vented axial 1200uF 35v Capacitors - $8
• Variable wattage soldering iron (minimum 35w) - $22
Feb 10, 2013 | Magnavox 32MD251D/37 Tabletop Pedestal...
Jul 21, 2012 | Toymax Magnavox 37MF231D 37 in. LCD TV
Mar 26, 2010 | Toymax Magnavox 37MF231D 37 in. LCD TV
Nov 30, 2009 | Sceptre X32BV-Naga 32 in. LCD TV
Nov 28, 2009 | Sceptre X32BV-Naga 32 in. LCD TV
Aug 27, 2009 | Philips Magnavox 42MF521D/37 Television
Aug 01, 2009 | Philips Magnavox 50ML8105D 50" HDTV DLP TV
Jul 18, 2008 | Televison & Video
Mar 28, 2008 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV
Nov 26, 2007 | Philips Magnavox 52MF437S/37 52 in. LCD TV
Jan 03, 2012 | Toymax Magnavox 37MF231D 37 in. LCD TV
1,517 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: