I am unable to delete my Wireless G notebook adapter in my add and remove programs [error 5001 Oxffffec75] pops up
I have a wireless G Linksys notebook adapter WPC54G ver.3.1 that is missing a Dll. file so Im trying to delete the program in my add or remove programs in the control panel and it gives me an error code [-5001 : 0xffffec75] and I am stumped because there is nothing left to delete any where in my computer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you can goto start button, run, then type, msconfig
then startup uncheck if its listed ... that will get rid of the error probly if that doesnt work goto control panel add remove programs and uninstall the linksys program and reinstall it from a cd or download the latest version will probly fix the error
It seems that the adapter is not installed properly .....
uninstall the adapter from control panel >> Add & remove
Reinstall the adapter again by using it on different port ..... thus says linksys...
Unplug the USB Linksys. Open device driver and uninstall the Linksys network device. Go to add/remove programs and remove the Linksys utility. Reboot. Now run the .exe you downloaded from Linksys. Then, and only then, plug in the USB.
You can go to Control Panle then Add/remove program double click on it then look for the Linksys software there then just remove it , that will remove the software on your computer and you need to restart teh computer to complete the uninstallation..
There's a possibility that the adapter is defective. However, you may still try the following:
1. Make sure to uninstall the software if you still have it installed. Remove it from the Programs list or under Add/Remove Programs.
2. Check Device Manager and make sure adapter is not under Network Adapters nor Other Devices. It might be called Network Controller if driver is not installed correctly.
3. Unplug card, shutdown computer and when PC is powered off, plug card back and restart computer.You may insert the CD on this process, but do not run/continue the CD setup wizard.
4. When computer is back on, you should get a Found New Hardware bubble message or wizard.
Just finish the wizard and tell me how it went. Goodluck!
If the laptop is XP please do this:
Go to Control Panel>add/remove programs. Look for the Linksys Wireless Notebook adapter, select it, click remove. Keep the notebook adapter connected to your laptop.
Insert the driver disc, do not run the set up.
Restart the laptop, drivers should be loaded automatically.
If drivers were not loaded, go to DEVICE MANAGER, click on NETWORK ADAPTERS, select the Linksys, right click the Linksys, click update drivers.
Start the wizard, select Install from a list of specific location.
You can do this if you have the setup disc or the downloaded drivers on your laptop.
If you are still having this problem you can call Linksys tech support 1800-3267114.