Question about Poulan Pro 25CC 2Cycle Gas Blower
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
As a service center for Poulan products the usual problems for not starting I see is compression or the cylinder has come loose from the crankcase. Compression needs to be 115 psi minimum. If you remove the plastic muffler cover you can see the cylinder-crankcase joint. Wiggle the spark plug to look for any movement at that joint. If there is any movement the cylinder screws are loose.
Poulan has an excellent 2 year warranty and any service center should be happy to repair it under warranty for any problem.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
Poulan makes a tool, part # 530031112, with two prongs that fit the grooves on the sides of the clutch. It fits most Poulan saws and trimmers made in at least the last decade. I use a butterfly impact and 3/4 impact socket and turn CLOCKWISE to remove. There should by an arrow and the word off stamped on the clutch This is the tool... That should work for you. Dwain
Posted on May 19, 2009
Ok. Good job on doing what you could, right off! The simplest things are the most overlooked, and the most unforgiving.
So, you know your plug is wet, so you got some fuel flow.
Now let's figure out the plug no-fire problem. (This is under the assumption you haven't beat on this blower with a sledge-hammer at one point. The whole "key-way" is fried thing.)
1. Grab ahold of that plug THEN crank away. One time will tell you yes or no on spark. No, I am not joking, and yes, it is better than staring at the end of a plug and wondering if your eyes are bad.
In fact, better than a cup of coffee......in a bad way.
2. Check your kill switch. It is either: Grounding, or Open (open like it should be, UNTIL you push it, click it, or slide it, whatever you got). One CHEAP and fast way: Unhook the kill switch.
Then crank away. No spark? Not the kill switch then!
3. Check your spark plug GROUND. Let's say you got some shocking results from grabbing onto that bad boy. NOW check where the plug meets the cylinder head when she is screwed down in there. Believe it or not.....if it is funky, she won't ground right!
Hence, no worky.
4. You got no spark at all.....STILL. Let's look over your Spark Plug WIRE. Is she wore through? Is SHE grounding out? Has she heat failed? Then do #5.
5. STILL no spark. Let's check the last 2 things......
Rotor Magnets, and Magneto (ignition coil).
IF you have a volt/multi-meter, hook her up to the plug wire. No juice = Bad Magneto, or Bad Plug Wire. SOME juice = Good Magneto, but Bad Plug Wire (in some mowers/weedeaters, etc., remember that the Magneto is where the kill switch hooks too.
See if it is somehow grounding you out, by being loose but still touching the cylinder, etc.)
6. Failing Magneto. This can happen, and it does. You get SOME juice, just not ENOUGH juice. 2-Strokes make a lot of heat, even Magneto's give up the ghost after a while, sometimes. In this case, find a replacement!
Posted on May 30, 2009
Is it difficult to pull? If so it could be the exhaust flame arrester has fouled with carbon. Over time it will become completely clogged and will not allow the engine to come up to speed or even start. Remove the exhaust and you will find the screen on the inlet side of the exhaust.
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2014 | Poulan WeedEater Hedge Trimmer 25cc Engine
May 20, 2014 | Poulan Pro 25hht 25cc 22" Gas Hedge...
May 15, 2014 | Poulan Pro Pp2822 Gas-powered 22" Dual...
Sep 30, 2013 | Poulan Pro 25hht 25cc 22" Gas Hedge...
Jun 24, 2011 | Poulan WeedEater Hedge Trimmer 25cc Engine
May 25, 2010 | Poulan WeedEater Hedge Trimmer 25cc Engine
Jun 08, 2009 | Poulan WeedEater Hedge Trimmer 25cc Engine
May 12, 2014 | Poulan Pro 25CC 2Cycle Gas Blower
185 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: