Question about Pentair 1.0 Hp Whisperflo Pump
New seal and impeller in Feb. No obvious leaks.
Backwash and try again if sand is over 3 years old replace but try on recirculate if ok you have a filter problem that I told you about if still no pressure see if impeller is plugged
Posted on May 08, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi it would most likley be the power cord is on backwards if you reverse the power if will spin the impeller the other way and it should push the water up to filter. Thank you for your post
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
1. Make sure multi-port valve if on "filter" (gotta start with the easy answers)
2. Remove the V-clamp holding the pump housing together and start inspection.
3. remove diffuser to gain access to the impeller.
4. check impeller for clogs (very common if around pine trees)
5. If impeller in free of debris, inspect housing o-ring, diffuser o-ring, drain plug o-ring, and shaft seal (if any one of these parts as failed, this pump will not prime and the filter will have no pressure)
6. If all these things check out, then it is possible you have a suction side plumbing clog. (is the skimmer and main drain protected by screens? if so, a clog is very unlikely)
Note: the most common cause of a loss of "prime" on a pump is a failed shaft seal. It is cheap and easy to replce.
You will not want to remove the impeller or do any serious work on this pump unless you have replacement o-rings for the internals. New o-rings and seals is what allows these pumps to work properly.
Hope this helps
If this post helped you, please take the time to vote positively for me on this site.
Need more help? firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Oct 28, 2010
it sounds like you may have a suction side leak on the pump. check the lid o-ring and the suction side fittings to see if there may be a possibility of air being sucked into the pump and causing it to act like it's picking up prime and then losing it.
Posted on Jul 31, 2011
It may be the hose going from the pool to the pump intake is partially clogged. I had the same problem,, removed the hose and shoved a broom handle through it to remove tree debris.
Posted on Jul 24, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2013 | Hayward SAND FILTER, PRO SERIES
May 29, 2013 | Hayward SAND FILTER, PRO SERIES
Jun 02, 2011 | Hayward SAND FILTER, PRO SERIES
May 29, 2011 | Hayward 1 12 Hp Super Swimming Pool Pump...
Apr 12, 2011 | Hayward SAND FILTER, PRO SERIES
Jul 30, 2010 | Universal Kreepy Krauly In-Ground Pool...
Jun 15, 2010 | Hayward SAND FILTER, PRO SERIES
May 17, 2010 | AO Smith 2 hp Swimming Pool - Jet / Well...
Feb 24, 2010 | Pool & Spa
Jun 15, 2009 | Pool & Spa
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: