a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This happens due to viruses. They delete the NTLDR file.
Do you have the original XP CD? Then insert it and boot from the CD. (If it doesn't boot from the CD, tell us and we will explain how to set it in BIOS).
After a while it will ask you whether to Setup XP (Enter) or Repair an existing Windows installation (R). Press Enter here (Don't worry, I know what I am talking about).
Press F8 to accept the Licence Agreement.
(*** In the following screen you have to press 'R'. IF YOU DON'T SEE A TEXT SCREEN BUT THE SETUP STARTS TO RUN, TAKE OUT THE CD IMMEDIATELY AND RESTART THE COMPUTER. ***)
It will tell you you have an existing Windows installation in <C:> drive. It will ask whether to install a fresh copy (Esc, as I remember) or Repair (R). Press R.
Let the setup run. After a while you may need to enter the key.
After few minutes, your computer will be ready, with all your files, fonts and software intact!
In most cases, the driver for a printer is supplied when you purchase it. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to provide the driver along with the device to make sure the working. However, most of the Operating Systems come with native driver support for many known printers. This is the fact we have to take care while purchasing a printer. Even though we misplaced the driver disc, if we purchase a good manufacturer printer, there is a chance to get the native support from Operating System itself. There are some scenarios where printer may not be recognized by the Operating System due to some conflict with other devices. Please follow the troubleshooting steps and check the operation:
Ensure that the supplied USB cable is firmly connected to both the printer and computer side.
Ensure that the USB driver for the printer has been properly installed. Please follow the steps to ensure that:
Turn ON the computer and then printer.
The Add New Hardware Wizard window will appear on the Computer screen.
Click the Nextbutton
Insert the installation CD in to the CD/DVD drive on the Computer.
In the Add New Hardware Wizard window, click to select the CD-ROM drive.
Click the Next button.
In the Finish Setup dialog box, click the Finish button.
If the USB driver for the Printer has already been installed, uninstall and then reinstall the driver.
Follow this procedure to reinstall the device driver using the Device Manager utility. IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category , double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the System icon.
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.
In the Device Manager window, double-click the category icon of the device to be removed.
Under the Device Manager category, click to select the device to be removed.
On the menu bar, click Action.
On the Action menu, click Uninstall .
In the Confirm Device Removal window, click the OK button.
Restart the computer.
NOTE: For some devices the operating system will display a System Settings Change window. Click the Yes button to restart the computer. When the computer restarts, the operating system will find the device and install the driver. If the operating system is unable to automatically find the driver, have the installation wizard search the C:WINDOWSI386 folder.
Remove and reconnect the printer.
does not recognize printer XP computer does not recognize printer. HP printer computer connectivity how to troubleshoot if printer is not connecting to my computer. XP printer issues. how to troubleshoot printer conncting with XP Computer. XP does not recognize printer. Printer is not connecting to my computer. how to reinstall printer driver. how to install native driver for printer. CANON printer is not recognized by the Computer. Epson printer is not recognizing. Epson does not recognize XP. Canon Printer connectivity.
How to reinstall Windows XP operating system or installing fresh copy of Windows XP on your computer.
If your Windows XP operating system had problem due to corrupted files, viruses problem or you want to upgrade your system. This procedure will guide you in reinstalling your current Windows XP or installing fresh copy.
After this installing process, you need all your hardware drivers like Chipset Intel driver, LAN driver, Sound driver, WAN driver, Webcam driver and others for the computer to be fully operational. Otherwise, do not proceed on reinstalling you operating system if your do not have those hardware drivers.
CDROM drive is required for installing Windows XP. If you don't have in your notebook computer, use external CDROM drive to connect in your computer using a USB cable.
1. To start with, you need to back up your in blank CD all your important files before you begin installation produre because all the data will be wipe out.
2. When ready, start your computer and when booting press F2 to BIOS setting.
3. On BIOS menu, choose the BOOT setting and change the priority boot to CDROM, exit and save.
In some laptops, you can skip this BIOS setting process by repeatedly pressing F9 key or F10key when booting your computer and it will run boot priority on CD.
4. Once you exit from BIOS, you computer will reboot and a message will appear " Press any key to boot from CD", press any key to enter into WINDOWS XP SET UP.
5. Belows instruction messages will appear:
* To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER * To repair Windows XP installation using recovery console, press R * To quit set up without installing Windows XP, press F3
Press ENTER to initiate the installation.
6. You will go to Windows XP license agreement and press F8 to agree.
7. You will ask you if you want to REPAIR or REINSTALL the operating system. It will appear like this. Just press ESC to proceed.
A. To repair the selected Windows XP installation, press R. B. To continue installing fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press ESC.
From repairing your operating system, it will not removed all your files and other software installed in your computer including your hardware drivers installed. Just fixing the operating system.
For reinstalling the operating system, you need to back up all you files because it will wipe out all you datas in your computer.
8. After that, it ask you where partition you want to install the operating system. The message will display like this :
C : Partition1 [NTFS] D : Partition2 [NTFS] Unpartitioned Space
Use the directional key to navigate and choose C: Partition1 if you want reinstalling Windows XP and press enter.
If you want clean copy of Windows XP, you need to delete both partition by pressing L and install clean copy at Unpartitioned space. By these procedure, you will have C: drive only. D: Drive is delete.
9. After choosing the desire partition. this will appear :
* Format the partition using NTFS files system * Format the partition using the NFTS file
I suggest to choose the first line which is the quick format. The 2nd line take too much time to install the operating system. Press to initiate the installation and it will be finish and reboot automatically. PART OF WINDOWS INSTALLATION IS FINISHED.
If you had interrupted installation which is asking for certain driver file, your CD installer maybe damage which cause files to be unreadable. Try to replace the new Windows XP installer CD to proceed and until finished installing OS.
10. Once it reboots, this time do not boot from CD or do not press any key to go to PART2 OF WINDOWS XP INSTALLATION PROCESS.
11. On the opening, regional and laguage option will appear, jus click next.
12. The it will ask to type your name & organization. Put you name and company if any and click next
13. Then, it will ask for CD key and type the 25 character CD key and click next
14. Then it will ask for computer name. You can change or leave it and click next.
15. Then, set your date and time zone and click next.
16. Then, it will ask you for workgroup and computer domain, just leave it and click next.
17. Now wait until the installation process end and it will again restart automatically.
18. Again, do not boot from CD and display setting will appear. Just click OK.
19. welcom to Microsoft Windows screen will appear. Just click next.
20. Helps protect your PC will appear and choose Turn on Automatic Updates ( Only if you install genuine Windows XP). Otherwise, I suggest to choose "Not right not" if you are installing copy only of Windows XP.
21. Who will use this computer message will appear. Just type your name on the first box and click next.
Also for your reference, here is the video for your convenient .
A thank you message will appear, Just click next and it is finished.
I hope it helps you and thank you for using FixYa !
For repairing the operating system here is the blog as other want it.
As per others demand, here is the video for Windows 7 and Windows Vista Operating system
1) Run the driver installation normally and let the error occurs; 2) Connected the Printer to USB; 3) Turned on the Printer; 4) Windows XP recognize the Printer and open the Installation Procedure; 5) Change to find the install programs manually; 6) Find the file C:/Temp/HP_WebRelease/; 7) The installation perform almost good until ask for file hlpmom12.dll, if you are using language different than English, in my case I was using Brazilian Portuguese; 8) Open the Explorer and find the missing file inside C:/Temp/HP_Release/; 9) Inform the full path for the missing hlpmom12.dll; 10) Then the installation completes successfully.
Try these. Please restart your PC when its booting press F8 key . You will find few option asking for selection. Select that by using up/down arrow key. Select " Last know good configuration" & press Enter. Next page asking for selecting operating system, for example: windows vista or Windows XP etc. Just select the operating system & press Enter again. ( Hope your laptop showing only one operating system ). Your laptop will start normally & all the icon comeback like previous. If not & follow the same problem, then format the OS system and installed it again.