Question about Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
It's a Canon Pixma MP145 ,
I urgently need to use the scanner only
I've no color ink , only black
The Printer/scanner is stuck at maintainence cuz theres no color ink
Computer get errors trying to print
Can i disable error E5 ( no color ink ) and only use the scanner ?
THIS SOLUTION FOR PEOPLE WHO CANNOT RESET THEIR OWN PRINTER LIKE ME
hi, now i got a solution how to SCAN if your printer have E-5 error or something. First u must remove the both cartridge from your printer and make sure u connect your printer to your computer, after that, do this
With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
And then you will see no error in your printer (the LED shows number 1,and the alarm is in green)
NOW U CAN SCAN USING MP NAVIGATOR!
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
I want software
Posted on May 02, 2009
I got this from another thread
As a technician, I have worked on tons of printers. This particular error had stumped me for a while, but I finally found the cause. As others had pointed out before, it can have alot to do with some obstruction in the print path, the gears, or ink on the clear plastic encoder strip. You're on the right track - I found the the purge cap (the white sliding mechanism that the print head parks to when it's not in use) was not lubricated well enough from factory. If you lubricate the sliders with some white grease (don't get it on the small wipers or the black caps) the mechanism can now slide more freely, and the unit can park the head properly without giving you the dreaded head homing error 5100 (or E-2-2 on the LCD display) Keep in mind that this repair will probably require you to remove the right panel off of the printer to gain access to the purge mechanism. There are two screws behind the printer, and two in front for each corrosponding side panel (the front screws are behind the grey front panel of the printer - open the top cover to see the clips which hold the front cover on) Hope this helps some of you out.
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
Use only scanner or reset the Canon MP150,MP145 after a refill (Step 10 concerns
refill; instructions below the steps): Guyz This is 100% WORK Trust Me !
Method1 (Safe Factory Method):
1) Disconnect the printer's power outlet
2) Press and hold the power button while connecting the power outlet back.
3) While still holding down the power button, press the reset button twice.(red circle with a triangle)
4) Release the power button
The printer takes about 10 seconds to show the number 0.
5) Press + to change the value from 0 to 1.
6) When this value is 1, press colour button; this will light up two leds.
One is for plain paper and the other for photo paper. At this point is feed the printer with paper.
7) Press the power button, the color button then the Reset button in order. The Canon will print some stripped lines and some numbers and letters ( all black if colored ink is empty).
[done just turn off by power button then on agin now its working !]
[Till Here for MP145 only]
[For MP150 You Have To continue ... ]
When you print this sheet the value in the display returns to zero.
8 ) Open the printer cover cover (not the scanner cover) and remove the cartridges. With the printer still open, disconnect the power outlet.
9) Close the lid, re-connect the printer to the power outlet and turn on the printer.
10) Refill cartridges and place them back in their nice little abode in the printer.
Guyz This is 100% WORK Trust Me !
Posted on Apr 15, 2013
Service error 5100 on MP145
Posted on Jul 06, 2009
1. Remove Both The Cartridges.
2. Turn On The Power Supply. But Keep The Printer Off.
3. Press and hold the Reset Button (the one with the red triangle inside the circle) and then press and hold the Power Button.
4. Now while holding the power button. Release the Reset button and then Press the Reset button twice and then release the power button.
5. The printer will start turning on. After around 10 seconds the display will show '0'
6. Press the + Button once and then Press the Color Button.
7. Press the Power Button twice. You'll notice that both the A4 Plain Paper and A4 Photo Paper LEDs will now be on and the display will show 1.
(I don't remember the exact sequence i followed to turn the display from 0 to 1 but it's easy. You can always hit and try. The one thing i remember was that you have to press the power button twice in the end or only pressing the power button twice helps.)
8. Open the printer cover (not the scanner cover). Let the cartridge tray move to the left. With the printer still open, remove the power lead from the back of the printer.
9. Close the printer cover.
10. Replace the power lead and press the Power Button to turn the printer back on.
11. Insert the cartridges now.
12. Turn Off the printer and then On again.
You should be able to use the scanner now.
Posted on Jan 20, 2013
Not working for me...
Posted on Apr 10, 2012
anny one who know how to use mp145 about scan only
now when i turn it on it show E8 ... all the tine...
how can i solve this problem......
Posted on Aug 26, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 28, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 16, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
May 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 18, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 08, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 24, 2008 | Canon MP140 PHOTO AIO All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 16, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
14,702 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: