HOW DO I REPLACE BATTERY ON FIREX FX1218
Always turn off power to smoke alarm before replacing battery.
Replace battery at least once a year, or immediately when the low
battery signal sounds (a beep once per minute indicates low bat-
tery). Batteries should be replaced regularly as necessary, even
when the smoke alarm is receiving AC power.
Use only the following batteries as replacements in this smoke alarm: Eveready 216, 522, 1222, Duracell MN 1604, or Ultralife U9VL-J [Alkaline batteries 9Volt] DO NOT USE RECHARGEABLE
1. Turn off power to smoke alarm at main service panel.
2. Turn smoke alarm counter-clockwise to detach from mounting plate.
3. Gently pull down smoke alarm. Be careful not to separate wire
4. Pull out power plug from back of smoke alarm.
5. From back of smoke alarm, lift tab to open battery pocket door.
6. Remove battery from pocket. Disconnect and discard bad battery from battery connector.
7. Connect a fresh, 9-volt battery to connector. The battery will fit
only one way. Be sure battery connector is securely attached to
8. Place battery into battery pocket.
9. Close battery pocket door. Push down until it snaps into place.
10. Replace connector plug. Connector will "snap" into place.
Gently tug connector to be sure it is attached properly.
11. Reattach smoke alarm to mounting plate by turning smoke
alarm clockwise until it snaps into plate.
12. Turn on power and test smoke alarm using Push-to-Test button
Jan 03, 2018 |