Question about SMC Barricade g SMCWBR14-G Wireless Router
You need to try again to reset the router to factory defaults.
To reset your router to factory defaults, use the following procedure:
1) Power down all computers, the router, and the modem, and unplug themfrom the wall.
2) Disconnect all wires from the router.
3) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
4) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then release it,then let the router reset and reboot (2-3 minutes).
5) Power down the router.
6) Connect one computer by wire to port 1 on the router (NOT to theinternet port).
7) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
8) Power up the computer (if the computer has a wireless card, makesure it is off).
9) Try to ping the router. To do this, click the "Start"button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. A black DOS boxwill appear. Enter the following: "ping 192.168.1.1" (no quotes), andhit the Enter key. You will see 3 or 4 lines that start either with "Replyfrom ... " or "Request timed out." If you see "Reply from...", your computer has found your router.
10) Open your browser and point it to 192.168.1.1. This will take youto your router's login page. Leave the user name blank, and in the passwordfield, enter "admin" (with no quotes, or enter whatever your default router password is). This will take you to yourrouter setup page. Note the version number of your firmware (usually listednear upper right corner of screen). Exit your browser.
If you get this far without problems, try the setup disk (or setup therouter manually, if you prefer), and see if you can get your router setup andworking.
If you cannot get "Reply from ..." in step 9 above, yourrouter is dead.
If you get a reply in step 9, but cannot complete step 10, then eitheryour router is dead or the firmware is corrupt. In this case, use the Linksystftp.exe program to try to reload your router with the latest firmware. Afterreloading the firmware, repeat the above procedure starting with step 1.
If you need additional help, please state your ISP, the make and modelof your modem, your router's firmware version, and the results of steps 9 and10. Also, if you get any error messages, copy them exactly and report back.
Please let me know how things turn out for you.
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 28, 2011 | SMC (SMC7004AWBR) Router
Mar 11, 2011 | SMC Computers & Internet
Feb 06, 2011 | SMC Barricade g SMCWBR14T-G Wireless...
Jan 10, 2011 | SMC (SMCWBR14-G2) Router
Oct 12, 2009 | SMC Barricade SMC7004VBR (SMC7004VBR-CA)...
Jan 12, 2008 | SMC Barricade g SMC2804WBRP-G Wireless...
Mar 14, 2007 | SMC Barricade g SMCWBR14T-G Wireless...
Feb 19, 2006 | SMC Barricade 7004
Feb 19, 2006 | SMC Barricade 7004 Router
269 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: