1. login to your router. (type in the ip address of the router and add the user name and pasword) 2. On the left side click the Wan Setup menu item (link) 3. In the middle section of the Wan Setup page click the "Disable SPI Firewall" check box. 4. At the bottom of the setup page click the Apply button. 5. If that is all, click the Logout menu item in the left side menu bar.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The problem you are describing is typical of Firewall issues: you can try to resolve the issue by trying the following in order:
1) Disable any firewall/anti-spyware software on your PC/Laptop (or try using a different 'working' PC or Laptop
2) Disable all firewall on your wireless router
3) Disable all firewall on your adsl/cable modem
Once you determine where the problem is, re-enable the firewalls/filters as required and add Exceptions for the appropriate IP addresses and/or Ports to enabled Web browsing (in general do not block port 80 or 8080).
Hope it helps.
1. Most routers will have an enable/ disable radio select in the set up page to do this and some older routers are hard coded in the firmware so that the firewall is always on. 2. Check your manual for instruction set for the "Firewall" settings. You can also go to the manufacturers web site and check instructions set for the firewall settings.
According to Nintendo web site, it happen because of firewall on the router. You will need to disable to firewall on the router. Open the set up page of the router. Disable the firewall. You will see it under security tab. Reduce the MTU to 1365. Also you can open some ports for the WII. Click Here for more information about the routers and network
To disable firewall and change channel on the router please perform the below task:
1. Connect a computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
3. Login to the router with the username as "admin" and password as "password" (please note that the username and password are case sensitive).
4. Click on WAN setup from left menu. Set the MTU size to 1400.
5. Check the box for 'Disable SPI Firewall'. Click apply.
6. Click on wireless settings in the left hand side menu under Basic Settings.
7. Change the wireless channel on this page and click apply.
Hope this allows you to resolve the issue. Let me know if you need any further help.
HI! try to reset the router for 10secs, then access the setup page of your router by typing at the browser url:192.168.0.1, then it will show the setup page of the router..go to advance and select on the left side firewall & dmz, uncheck the spi. this will disable the firewall of the route. u are going to do this if the msg is still showing while doing the manual setup of your router.. dont use the cd setup, sometimes it will work but most of the time it wont..
with the router connected, open Internet Explorer and type http://192.168.1.1 after you log in there is a option on the left for firewall and you can turn it off. If it were me I would use the routers firewall over a software firewall though. By the time a software firewall detects a hack, its already in the PC.
log into the router by typing 192.168.0.1 into your web browsers address bar. Then click the firewall tab and scroll down. At the bottom of the firewall screen you should see an "enable firewall" checkbox, just clear that checkbox click the save button at the very bottom. I personally wouldnt recommend completely disabling your firewall, if you really want to bypass the firewall with one particular computer, you should add that particular computers ip address to the "DMZ" list (De-Militarized Zone). And if you are just having difficulty with a particular program you can always set up port forwarding.
If you can check you have DHCP and NAT enabled on you router and your laptop is configured for DHCP .Also try the following:
1.On command prompt type ipconfig /all
2.Check the IP address assign to your laptop do the same on your Pc and compare the IP.
3. If the IP is the same check your firewall setting. Assuming the IP is the same ping the Gateway IP .If this is successful the disable the firewall,The best way to try this is to disable the firewall temporary.
4.Remember to reenable the Firewall