Question about Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
I had a lightbulb blow under the microwave, so I disconnected the power, and changed both bulbs as a precaution, now only 1 bulb works, the fan will not run, and the turn-table will not turn, the light inside the microwave will not illuminate, yet the unit will still heat up.......... Any Ideas?????
The turn table and fan are connected in series with the bulb,as you have mentioned that you have replaced bulb,so please check again for any loose contact on bulb holder or bulb continuity again.
Posted on Aug 03, 2007
No power on my Magic Chef OTR microwave
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
I just replaced the two bulbs underneath my microven, now the turntable nor the fan or the lite work when the machine is working. Where did I go wrong? All I did was replace the two bulbs. Dan.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
Mine blew 3 traces on the pwb
Posted on Jun 21, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2015 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 23, 2008 | Amana Microwave Ovens
Dec 01, 2013 | LG LMH2016ST
Hello - This may or may not be specifically for your model, however these are generics instructions that I found.
To replace the light bulb to the over the range microwave you will need to follow the steps below:
1. To replace light bulb, first disconnect power to the microwave oven at the circuit breaker panel or by unplugging.
2. Remove the vent grill mounting screws.
3. Pull the vent grill away from the unit.
4. Remove the charcoal filter by pushing it inwards, then turn and pull it away from the unit.
5. Open light cover located behind filter mounting by carefully pulling up on the front edge.
6. Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent 30 watt bulb available from part distributor. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers.
7. Replacing the microwave oven light cover by carefully pushing into place. Replace the charcoal filter. Push the vent grill back into place (engaging both the bottom and top tabs) and replace the vent grill mounting screws.
Note: DO NOT USE BULB LARGER THAN 30 WATTS.
Oct 27, 2012 | Frigidaire FMV152K Microwave Oven
Aug 06, 2011 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven
Dec 27, 2009 | GE Microwave Ovens
Jan 09, 2009 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Mar 21, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 30, 2006 | GE JVM1630 Microwave Oven
1,892 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: