Question about Canon Pixma Mx330 Inkjet All-In-One Printer
I just got a new computer, Windows 8 OS It prints fine. I downloaded everything from Canon site already.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I got mine working after experiencing the same problem.
I had mine hooked up to a USB hub, after I hooked it directly to the USB ports in the back of my computer, everything just worked fine.
Weird that it worked on the USB hub on XP and not vista though.
Posted on Jun 24, 2008
SOURCE: failed to open a driver
OK. Here is what you do. (I just did this on an Intel Mac running OX10.5.6)
First go to the cannon site and get the program (File name: deldrvosx1510en.dmg) to uninstall the drivers for your scanner. Also, delete copies of the scan toolbox that you may have installed in your application folder.
Then go back to the canon site for the LiDE 25 and install the drivers (file name: lide25osx11030en.dmg.) This part is very important, in the middle of the install a dialog will popup asking if it is OK to run something like deldvr, DO NOT ALLOW IT TO RUN, HIT CANCEL.
Install the canon toolbox software (it should be version 4.9.x not 5.0). File name is : cstbosx4934ej4.dmg
You should now be good to go.
What a %^#%$#-up process on Canons part.
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
Canon ScanGear CS driver error Code: 2,252,0. Error when trying to Preview scan using ScanGear in your program, e.g. Word, PhotoShop...
I had the same problem, Canon Technical were clueless on this error code. Yes the problem occured when trying to preview first however I could scan but without any preview, pointless really.
I have fixed it for Windows Xp SP3, Canon Lide 80. To Fix:
You need to download the latest ScanGear driver and Deldrv.exe from the canon website. You don't need the Toolbox, http://software.canon-europe.com/
It would help if you have Tuneup 2009 (even Trail version) for the later parts of this fix: http://www.tune-up.com/download/ just click download, you don't need to give them your email address.
1. Save these on C:
2. Remove the USB cable from your scanner - make sure it is unplugged.
3. Run Deldrv.exe, select your scanner and uninstall.
4. Now you will need to go into 'C:/WINDOWS/TWAIN_32' folder; you must remove anything in this folder - safest thing to do is CUT any items and paste them on the C: or personal folder.
5. Now the register parts - you need to purge your registry of any left over values. I found out after several attempts that this final step fixed the problem for me.
Basically through Windows XP Regedit or TuneUp Reg Editor search the ENTIRE registry for first 'ScanGear', second, 'Canon' and third if you have installed previously, 'Canon Toolbox'. Find any entries relating to any Canon scanner software and delete them. I only found around 6 or 7 entries to remove.
6. If you have TuneUp run '1-Click maintence' (correct problems) and afterwards run the 'Register defragger'. Restart.
7. On the next bootup your register should be optimised. Ok, disable any Anti-virus software.
8. Run the scangear setup winzip file you saved on C:. * it will extract a folder to C:. If get an error with the extraction, try running it anywhere else except C drive. Alternatively if you have WinRar, right click and manual extract contents. The scangear setup winzip file/folder (called lide80vst7250a_xpen) only contained a readme and setupSG.exe.
9. You must run the setupSG inside this folder. And you're done. Enable your anti-virus.
9. Now connect USB to scanner, Windows should pick it up. Open Word or PhotoShop > run the scangear program to preview.
10. Done! It worked my end.
Please let me know if this helped you.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
just had the same problem, check the connection going into the top part of the scanner at the back and restart which ever program your using... got mine sorted
Posted on May 22, 2009
SOURCE: CanonScan Lide 30 flatbed
You need the software called "Canoscan toolbox"...click on the link below and then select your operating system...you can also get the driver for the LIDE 30 on this page:
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2014 | Canon ImageClass MF6540 Copier
on Mar 11, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX330 Multifunction InkJet...
Sep 25, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 15R Notebook
May 02, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX330 Multifunction InkJet...
Oct 30, 2010 | Canon MP520 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Feb 13, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Oct 22, 2016 | Canon Pixma Mx330 Inkjet All-In-One...
188 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: