Heats up and produces steam but the release button does not open the flow of steam.
To remedy this, I did the following:
1) Removed screws from: a) Lower area of handle (1 screw), b) Top of steamer, under round rubber flap around fill hole (2 screws), c) Front of steamer where nozzles attach (2 screws)
2) Removed back of handle, top of steamer, front of steamer where nozzles attach
3) Once all parts are removed, you can see a brass button that is pushed by the trigger
4) Using a needle-nose pliers, grasp and rotate the button several times in both directions (you may hear it cranking against the interior spring). Do this until it turns fairly easily with the pliers.
5) Once this is done, you fill find that the brass button can be very slightly depressed with a bit of force. You may also need/want to unfold a large paper clip to push into the nozzle hole to help unsticking the brass button (not sure if that helped in my case, but it was something I tried along the way). When the brass button moves in and out (again, it won't move much), the steam release mechanism is unstuck!
6) Reassemble all parts (everything snaps back neatly into place).
This worked for my unit!
Nov 11, 2007 |
Scunci 52067 Handheld Steam Vacuum