I bought a blackberry storm 9530 few months ago and recently the screen started freezing frequently with in an hour or so. please help me solve my problem...............
The easiest thing to do is to take it to the manufacturer because the phone is still under warranty, but, if you want to repair it your self, follow the step below.
issue you describe appears to be corruption of one or more system files
within the BlackBerry OS. A forced update should restore your BB to
working condition, but there is the risk that you may lose your data. If
that is a problem, do not proceed. If you wish to restore the BB, please continue below after verifying that you have the following:
A. Computer (Windows)
B. BlackBerry Desktop Manager software (BlackBerry.com)
C. Latest version of the BlackBerry OS for your make/model BB
To get the OS, simply log on to your carriers website and download
the latest version of the OS for your BB. Once the file is saved to your
computer, you need to install the setup files just like you would any other program. When completed, proceed to step.
1. Open BB Desktop Manager
2. Remove the battery cover, battery and micro SD card (if you have one) from your BlackBerry.
3. Connect the BB to your computer via USB cable (without the battery in place, just the phone's shell).
4. There should be a few drivers that will load automatically and the BB Desktop Manager will recognize your BB.
5. Close the BB Desktop Manager once it has been detected.
6. Go to the following path. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\App-loader
7. Double-click the "App-loader.exec" application
8. Once it loads, the application will detect your BB and proceed to update your BlackBerry's OS.
9. If you are prompted to backup your BB data, please do so. If not, then proceed to step #10.
10. Select wipe (or secure wipe) to completely remove the existing OS and data.
A fresh, updated version of the
BlackBerry OS will be installed on your BB. The process takes about
35-90 minutes to complete. Once done, the BB will automatically reboot and
if you had an existing backup or created one before wiping/installing,
you can now reopen the BB Desktop Manager and restore your backup to the
As a side note, the BlackBerry Storm 9xxx series has been known to
have many flaws. The Storm2 fixed many issues, but still left a lot
If the problem persists after the update, check to see if you
still have coverage under the manufacturer's 1yr warranty or if you pay
for insurance service, your BB maybe covered under service replacement.
Sep 10, 2011 |
RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone