Question about Sharper Image (tm) Ionic Breeze Desktop GP Air Purifier
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There isn't one. The reason why Sharper Image went out of business is because the Ionic Breeze was proven to be ineffective product and harmful to use in some cases based on Consumer Reports data as well as data from the EPA. They sued Consumer Reports, lost the case, and had to pay all the legal bills.
The Consumer Products Safety Commission is going to making decision on all ionizers by the end of the year. It's quite possible that no one will be selling them anymore.
There is thread I left in the Ionic Breeze section about the EPA data on ionizers and the harmful effects of using them as well as a link about what happen to Sharper Image.
This product should have been regulated a long time ago. Orek and few others are going to be pulling the plug on them real soon.
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
Okay, after working on my Ionic Breeze Quadra I have fixed it. My problem was it wouldn't turn on even though the fins were clean.
2. Turn the machine upside down (there are 4 screws holding the bottom stand on) remove the screws
3. once bottom is off there are 2 screws sideways helping the hold the 2 sides together. Remove those 2 screws.
4. Turn the machine uprgiht and remove the middle fins (the ones you clean)
5. Remove the 4 screws that are deep in the 4 holes when you look down inside (you can't see the screws, I had to feel for them with a phillips head narrow screwdriver)
(it will be easier if your screwdriver has magnetic head for next step.)
6. after removing the 4 screws gently work lose the top (part that has the little lights and turn on push switch)
7. turn the breeze on its side, you will find about 5 or 6 tiny screws holding the two sides of the outside louver case together. Remove all these screws. You will be thankful for the magnetic end, I have small fingers and still had a problem catching the little screws.
8. You don't want to remove both sides, just one side is fine.
9. Being careful of the wires (I left that side alone) I worked from the wire free side and using a bottle of rubbing alcohal and lots and lots of q-tips I gentle cleaned off all the gunk on all the little metal pieces at the bottom of the breeze (on the inside where the wires are). Clean as good as you can, you will find the metal pieces covered with what looks like tar but it comes off with the alcohal.
10. Using a can of 'canned air' like you'd use for a computer, gently blow the rest of the breeze parts getting all the dust away but being careful not to damage the electronics. (there are a lot of little computer boards). I didn't find any dust in the electrical parts in the very bottom of the breeze, just above where the fins are and some at the top where the controls are.
11. I cleaned the 1/2 I took completely off with some rubbing alcohal, gets that **** off pretty good but didn't mess with the side with the wires, just blew the dust out, gently cleaned a bit and on the outside.
12. To put back together, first I gently put the outer middle pieces together and then gently put the control top back on and replaced those 4 screws. Then I put the 10 or 12 tiny screws back into the middle, then the 2 screws in the bottom sides and 4 screws putting the stand back on. I stood it up, plugged it in (make sure its dry) and turned it on and the light came on and it is working great.
I've had mine for 3 years so I think they occasionally need a thorough cleaning. Except for the canned air I bought nothing else. Everyone has rubbing alcohal and q-tips in their homes. When I first started I didn't know how to dismantle it and tried to clean the inside with long q-tips but it was too hard. Those little metal pieces in the bottom make some sort of connection to the fins we pull out and clean so I guess they need good contact.
I hope I've helped all of you with the problem of the Ionic Breeze Quadra and I suspect any other iconic breeze type machine by sharper image pretty much comes apart the same way and may have the same problems. I don't know how to post this so that everyone can see it as a general solution. Maybe you guys at FixYa can help with that. --- Harry Potter Without the Wand (and a female to boot!)
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
While the device is turned off and the filter is out, tip the unit itself upside down and back. Do this several times, there is a slider type cleaner inside that moves as you turn the unit. Be sure to do this every time you clean your filter and you will never hear a peep out of the thing.
Posted on Oct 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2015 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air...
Sep 17, 2010 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air...
May 30, 2010 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Mar 27, 2010 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air...
Nov 25, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air...
Nov 14, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Oct 23, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air...
Sep 28, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Jun 10, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: