Wireless will just completely disappear, phones can't connect, both computers in the home can't connect. It happens very randomly, sometimes I'm connected for an hour then it goes down for 5 min, sometimes it will cut out every 2 min. Tried resetting router and modem many times.
If your connection is a DSL, I think you need a "Micro Filter" to be connected to your phone lines. This will eliminate the disconnection or unwanted signals that causes you network to go off or disconnected. You can request this device from your telephone company.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sure. I'll assume you have Windoze....Winders.... XP Home or Pro.
1. Disable 802.1x.
2. Disable the "power save" feature on your unspecified wireless
3. Disable Super-G Turbo mode if necessary.
Okay, first you will need to access your router (usually 192.168.0.1 or something like that) you will be asked for a user name and password. (adminpassword respectively if you never set these up previously)
From there you would click on Wireless Settings and scroll down to WEP Key. Whatever is typed in Key 1 is your WEP key. Write that down. Plug in those numbers for your printer and you should be go to go.
your desktop can also go onlie using the wireless belkin router,so this router will now act as a distributor,you need to setup the router between the modem and the computer that is wired,i hope that when you say modem it is the one provided to you by your internet service provider,what you need to do is to conect the modem to the router and the router to you desktop computer,you desktop computer will go online using the wired connection to the belkin rotuer and you laptops will use the wireless connection..
Well ther should be a wirless icon on the botom right corner of your screen when trying to acess it form a notbook computer. You will need to right click on it and say view wirless networks. Then find the one that is your and try to conect if it need a WEP password it is on the bottom of router.
your modem. Unplug the modem's power cord and place the wireless router unit
next to the modem. If the router has antennas, make sure they are raised to
their full upright position. 2)Reassign
your networking cable. Unplug the cable currently connected from your computer
to your modem and plug it into the port located in the wireless router. This
port is usually colored blue. 3)Connect
the router and the modem. Use the networking cable that came with your wireless
router to connect the modem and router unit. The router port is typically
colored in green. 4)Start
up your modem. Plug in the modem's power cord and wait 1-2 minutes while it
configures its settings and prepares to connect to the Internet.5 5)Start
up the wireless router. Plug the wireless router's power cord into an outlet
and wait 1-2 minutes to get it started. The router is ready when the 'wired
computers' and 'modem' icons light up. These logos or icons vary by make and
model of your router so consult the owner's manual if needed.6 6)Insert your installation CD. Use the wizard or assistant to check the
configurations of your computer settings and launch yourwirelessnetwork
Things You’ll Need:
-- do you have other wireless computer on the network? -- what is the model number of the wireless adapter that you are using? -- have you check if the wireless settings on your router are still configured correctly?
-- can you get online if you are directly connected to the router?
1. hook up a computer to one of the numbered ports on the back(eTHERNET CABLE. Like a phone jack but longer.) 2. wait untill the computer says it is connected. 3. open your internet browser, and go to this address: http://192.168.1.1(the routers internal setup) 4. type in "admin" in both boxes.(if you havent set up a password yet) 5. go to "wireless", "Wireless Security"(bar below first one), either choose DISABLED(you will not be protected from strangers accessing your internet, slowing yours down) or one of the choices and type anything in(recommend 15+ characters, better yet random. WRITE THIS DOWN.) 6. Click save changes 7. Go on your wireless enabled computer, and if you used a key, enter it, otherwise it should connect