Question about Nikon Coolpix 7600 Digital Camera
Hi there, welcome to FixYa.
The problem your having is that sand and/or dirt gets in the lens mechanism of the camera. When the little cog inside gets sand or dirt in it, it prevents it from moving. It is what causes 95 percent of all lens errors. The other 5 percent are when the guide pins get misaligned and don't go back in the tracks properly. Mis aligned pins happen alot of times when you drop it with the lens extended, so let's go with the easy one first.
Take an air compressor (or borrow a friends) and put the nozzle up to the space in between the lens and and the camera. Blow it out real good. It may take a couple of tries, but it should free it up.
Let me know if that helped, and feel free to rate my answer.
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2016 | Nikon COOLPIX Cameras
Jun 19, 2010 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
Jun 05, 2010 | Samsung L200 Digital Camera
Nov 30, 2009 | Casio EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z60 Digital Camera
Aug 11, 2009 | Kodak Easyshare Z812-IS Digital Zoom...
Jun 26, 2009 | Fuji FinePix A600 Digital Camera
Feb 21, 2009 | Canon PowerShot SD750 / IXUS 75 Digital...
Dec 27, 2008 | Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z6 Digital Camera
Apr 27, 2008 | Kodak EasyShare One Digital Camera
202 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!