Question about Toshiba Satellite P305-S8842 Notebook
NOTE: After removing these registry keys and rebooting, it may be necessary to reinstall any CD or DVD recording applications.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2013 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jun 18, 2012 | CyberLink Power DVD 5.0 (cd-powerdvd5) for...
Jan 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 22, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 16, 2009 | Lenovo IdeaPad Y530-5243U
Oct 16, 2009 | Gateway MT3708 Notebook
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: