Question about Toshiba Satellite P305-S8842 Notebook
NOTE: After removing these registry keys and rebooting, it may be necessary to reinstall any CD or DVD recording applications.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2013 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Sep 13, 2011 | Acer Aspire 4315 Notebook
Oct 16, 2009 | Lenovo IdeaPad Y530-5243U
Oct 16, 2009 | Gateway MT3708 Notebook
Jul 03, 2009 | Acer PC Laptops
Oct 01, 2008 | PC Laptops
Mar 09, 2008 | Lenovo 3000 C200 Notebook
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: