Set the [Mode] to [3:STAT]. You are offered the choices
If you want to do 1-Var statistics
, you press 1:1-Var. A column template opens where you put the X values. If a value is repeated you enter it several times. (there is no frequency column.)
When you enter all data you press [SHIFT][STAT]
You have several choices among them
4: SUM to get SigmaX^2 and Sigma X
5: VAR to get n, the mean X bar, the sample and population standard deviations
6:MINIMAX to get MinX and MaxX
7: Distr the Distributions.
If you want to perform 2-Var statistics
You press [MODE][STAT] and select one of the Regression models
The selection of any of the 7 regression models, opens a two-column template where you enter the X and Y values
When finished press [SHIFT][STAT]
The choices offered are
- Type takes you back to select type of statistics to perform
- Data To edit the data in the columns
- Edit To insert or delete a value
- SUM To access the calculated values of SigX^2,SigX,SigY^2,SigY,SigXY,SigX^3, SigX^2Y, SigX^4
- Var : To access the calculated values n, Xbar, Sample STD for x, S STD for Y, Pop STD for X, and Pop STD for Y
- MinMax : MinX, MinY, MaxX, MaxY
- Reg: Gives you the regression coefficients for the particular regression model you want to test.
The mean is represented by X bar.
The variance is the SQUARE of the Standard Deviation.
Hope it helps.