Question about Whirlpool LGR7646E Dryer
Does not dry! Need to run the dryer all day to work
Here are a list of causes that may contribute to this lack of sufficient drying.
• Lint screen is clogged with lint.
• Restricted air movement.
Exhaust vent or outside
exhaust hood is clogged with
• Exhaust vent is crushed or
• One fuse is blown or circuit
breaker is tripped. The dryer
will appear to operate, but you
will not get any heat.
• Cycle Control knob or temperature
selector is set on air dry.
• Load not contacting the sensor
strips and automatic cycle
• Fabric softener sheets blocking
• Dryer located in room with
temperature below 45ºF (7ºC).
• Large amount of moisture in
• Cold rinse water used.
• Load too large and bulky to
Here are the solutions to combat the issues.
• Clean lint screen.
• Run dryer for 5-10 minutes. Hold hand under
outside exhaust hood to check air movement. If you
do not feel air moving, clean exhaust system of lint
or replace exhaust vent with heavy metal or flexible
• Replace with heavy metal or flexible metal vent
• Replace fuse or reset breaker.
• Select the right cycle and temperature for the types
of garments being dried.
• Level dryer.
• Use only one softener sheet per load and only use
• Move dryer to a location with temperatures above
• Expect longer dry times with items that hold more
• Expect longer dry times.
• Separate load to tumble freely.
This will help you fix this problem. i suspect an exhaust obstruction.
Posted on Mar 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2010 | Whirlpool Dryers
Apr 05, 2010 | Whirlpool Dryers
Feb 21, 2010 | Whirlpool Dryers
Nov 09, 2009 | Whirlpool LEB6200 Electric Dryer
Jul 31, 2009 | Whirlpool Dryers
Mar 26, 2009 | Whirlpool Dryers
Feb 02, 2009 | Whirlpool LER4600 Electric Dryer
Dec 11, 2008 | Whirlpool GEW9250 Electric Dryer
307 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: